Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Saker

Douglas Bader Foundation- Hike Cuba 2008

Hello all it's been quite a while since i last posted. Things are going really quite well, i am doing some running or maybe i should call it jogging but it's really cool and feels pretty fast.I have also managed to start cycling again and only fallen off a few times, fortunately it was only my pride bruised.

My big news is that i am going to take part in a Douglas Bader Foundation Challenge in March 2008 It is a sponsored event called HIKE CUBA .From the 2nd to the 10th of March i will be hiking about 15 to 20km per day through some of the eco- forest and non tourist areas near Santa Clara region and towards the town of Trinidad. It's going to be a huge challenge for me as an above knee amputee but it's 18 months since my amputation and i want a challenge and a chance to give something back to other amputees and their families via the Douglas Bader Foundation. I have to raise a minimum of £2500 sponsorship and contribute £250 myself before i can go on the challenge. I then have to submit 80% of the £2500 sponsorship by the second week in Jan 2008.

If any of you guys would like to support me in this charity challenge you can go to a web site that has been set up for donations

Thank you in advance for your support. I hope my next post will be telling you all about my great trip.

Take care

Nigel Kingston

Guest bearlover

Sounds like your doing great! that is wonderful that you have a life and don't let this amputation stop you! You have the right idea..Keep up the good work! :)