Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Karen

Our Marcia

Went to wound care yesterday and the dr opened it up some more. Yikes... I know that's probably more information than anybody wanted, but damn it hurt :wacko:

:blink: EEEWWW! That does not sound good...I really hope you are on the mend. I want to hear all about the new socket and how well you are walking. Get well soon!!!...Here's to a speedy recovery...

Lorri

Went to wound care yesterday and the dr opened it up some more. Yikes... I know that's probably more information than anybody wanted, but damn it hurt :wacko:

'mmarie' was it packed w/that funny twisted packing (Higgy, help me out here) comes in a bottle? I know I had to use it the last time I had any surgery. And did he use it after he opened it up some...helps w/healing.

:)

Yes. I think it's called iodoform(?). It's such a joy when they pull it out :wacko: I'm leaving in a few minutes to go have it done it again. :(

Ouch! :( Hope you won't need to have THAT done for much longer!

Wish I could just pop over with a bottle of wine to help take the sting away! :)

XO

Karen

Thanks. I wish you could too. So now on top of the rash, the antibiotics are making me nauseous. :( The good news is that this morning the dr said the wound is a little smaller. And NO wearing the leg. Oh well, one day at a time...patience is not one of my virtues :D

Oh, work hard on the patience, Marcia! What they're doing with the packing is known as "healing from the inside out"... it's slow, and it can hurt, but boy does it yield a NICE final result! (Can you tell that I've been through this myself?)

Hope everything continues to progress well... and QUICKLY!

When I had a wound on my stump, they put pig intestine in it. It was awful. I don't even EAT pigs! I was pretty mortified.

When I had a wound on my stump, they put pig intestine in it. It was awful. I don't even EAT pigs! I was pretty mortified.

Yuk. What does pig intestine do?

Yuk. What does pig intestine do?

sty's around? :unsure:

I hope you are back on your feet soon Cobber :)

I had good news at wound care today. The site has finally started filling in and has done so quite a lot since last Thursday. Things are really looking up and I'm hoping to be back in my leg by next week :)

Yippee!!

"Yippee!" indeed, Marcia... that's great news!

I had good news at wound care today. The site has finally started filling in and has done so quite a lot since last Thursday. Things are really looking up and I'm hoping to be back in my leg by next week :)

Yippee!!

That is great news Marcia :excl: You go girl :excl: Keep it up and you will be back where you belong soon.

:wub:

Yippee!!

:D :D :D

Awesome news........ Hang in there....

That is great news. The stores are going broke because you aren't in there shopping.

That is great news. The stores are going broke because you aren't in there shopping.

Yeah, a few of them called to see where I was :P

I'm really glad things are looking up for you, Marcia. We'll be looking forward to more good news. Take care. :D

Marcia I am glad that you are going down that wonderful recovery road I hope that it is fast and short road for you get well and take care my friend

TJ hugs and cheek kisses

Wanted to let you all know that I was discharged from wound care this morning and cleared to begin easing back into my prosthesis. What a HAPPY DAY :D Thanks everyone for being there for me.

Wanted to let you all know that I was discharged from wound care this morning and cleared to begin easing back into my prosthesis. What a HAPPY DAY :D Thanks everyone for being there for me.

'mmarie' :P that is the greatest news!! Hope your prosthesis ends all your before troubles ~ they are working very hard on mine; I will have to say. Think I put some fear into the 'ol boy. :lol: :lol:

Good for you! I've been wondering how it was going.

Good for BOTH of you, Marcia and Ann!

:D 'marcia' how are you getting along w/ the new leg? Haven't heard much about it lately. As for me I still have to rattle his cage alittle now & again, but it's coming along. Have to go back tomorrow for another check socket fit.

They are just so slow. I just don't think it should take two/three months to make a leg; do you? or am I just not patient enough. :blink: I am not known for my patience normally, but then again I have to watch as I feel like I'm on the verge of being taken. Ya' know.

Have a good day,

;)

ann

I'm doing good with my leg. After my surgery and 3 weeks of inactivity, my leg shrunk and my liner was way too big. He made me another one and that made all the difference.

I wouldn't think it would take 2-3 months to make a leg. What's he doing? Stay on his butt :)

Ann, two -three months seems really out-of-line to me, too... at their most leisurely pace, I've never had to go more than two weeks with my guys.

Are they having you do "take-home" long-term trials on test sockets or something....?