Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Jim T.

Amputee Soldiers

Guest bearlover

very good Jim..God bless these men and women they are tuff and not whiners at all. they have the right attitude and with that they will do good..Thanks for posting!

Jim, I have finally found out why a lot of us cannot play your Fox video links. When you follow the video links from their home page their video player is activated automatically, your link somehow by-passes this activation. I have managed to get the link so that their video player loads – hope you don’t mind.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.h...ers_320x240.jpg

Long I know, it’s the best I could come up with. The story is fantastic and every one should see it.

Mark

Thank you Mark. I just took the liberty of posting you complete email here to further explain.[/size=2]

Jim, I saw that report this morning when Bill did it.....they are really something aren't they!! BTW Bill Hemer(sp) is from Cincinnati, Oh.

very good Jim..God bless these men and women they are tuff and not whiners at all. they have the right attitude and with that they will do good..Thanks for posting!

The soldiers at Walter Reed have a great support group program; in fact, of all the programs created for the amputees, the soldiers have said the support groups have made the biggest difference in their recovery. Don't think for a minute that they don't ever complain, have a bad day, or get depressed! Everyone needs to "whine" from time to time, and having support available to them at that time is invaluable. I would hate to think that anyone would be afraid to look for support on this forum for fear that it would be considered whining.

Karen

AKA

Orlando, Florida

Guest bearlover

The soldiers at Walter Reed have a great support group program; in fact, of all the programs created for the amputees, the soldiers have said the support groups have made the biggest difference in their recovery. Don't think for a minute that they don't ever complain, have a bad day, or get depressed! Everyone needs to "whine" from time to time, and having support available to them at that time is invaluable. I would hate to think that anyone would be afraid to look for support on this forum for fear that it would be considered whining.

Karen

AKA

Orlando, Florida

Like I said Whining will get you no place..these are true HEROS! and will succeed!

Bear, I'm wondering if we're all talking at cross-purposes here... Could you explain to us what you mean when you say "whining"? I don't think anyone is disputing that it's not good to just spend your time sitting and feeling sorry for yourself, if that's what you mean when you say "whining." However, I believe that EVERYONE -- be they military folks (however brave and determined) or one of us here -- has the occasional "down" day and can use a bit of support now and then.

This forun, after all, is meant to be a support group for amputees. Yes, we also have fun, and talk about other things, but sometimes one of us just needs to "vent" and know that someone who understands is listening.

If we understood what "whining" meant to you, perhaps this debate would be over and we'd all know where we stood....?

Thanks! ;)

If we understood what "whining" meant to you, perhaps this debate would be over and we'd all know where we stood....?

Thanks! ;)

Still waiting? :unsure: