Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
clearcna27

New Prosthetic design

Just what you want.....Your a amputee and have a special leg made to honor Garth....And is thiier any way he can know this...Tell them how much you admire him and always have. How his music helped you..You want to sound sincer and not just like a average fan or a fan..but a special fan..

I think there are many fans who want to meet Garth who have many things going on. Saying a Amputee fan sounds like a poor me case. I would not use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make up your mind Bearlover. Sheesh :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I think there are many fans who want to meet Garth who have many things going on. Saying a Amputee fan sounds like a poor me case. I would not use it.

Hey...might as well use it to your benefit :) Do whatever it takes.

I couldn't agree more. We get so little 'benefits' from being not totally abled (can't find a better way to phrase that), DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Put any stupid pride in your pocket, pull out the stops, and make this thing happen.

With all due respect to any other amps who may disagree, of course....

:)

I think it's quite possible to "play the amputee card" and still do it with dignity and keep your pride! Sam's not saying, "poor me... I'm an amputee... take pity on me and brighten my dreary days." Now THAT would be beneath any of us!

Sam's saying, "Hey, look, like all of us, I've faced some challenges in life. One of the things that's helped me through the rough spells, and helped me celebrate the good times, is Garth's music. I admire the man so much that I designed my own prosthesis as a tribute to him. I'd so like to be able to meet him and share that with him... and if he'd be willing to sign my 'Garth socket' for me, it would be a real high point in my life!"

BIG difference there...! One is filled with self-pity; the other lets folks know that you're out there, living life, and making things happen for yourself.

Go for it, Sam.........!

Guest bearlover

I couldn't agree more. We get so little 'benefits' from being not totally abled (can't find a better way to phrase that), DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Put any stupid pride in your pocket, pull out the stops, and make this thing happen.

That's fine for all of you..As for me I will never and have never will used my leg for anytrhing Its playing on peoples pity which is wrong and using people.

Guest bearlover

SAM! how are you and your family? i have heard that parts of Oaklahoma were hit with really bad weather :o Hope your all ok! :huh:

Guest bearlover

Thats says allot about somones character. But that is today socity all about me atttidue.

Oh my gosh, Bearlover, you are such a PARTY POOPER!!!! :wacko: Obviously, you don't get (or want to get) what everyone else has said. And Marsha explained it so clearly! The fact that her husband pays tribute to Garth with his prosthetic leg design is a unique and cool thing that Garth would probably love to know about. Sam's not holding his hat out for donations on a street corner or asking for pity from anyone.

Hey, Sam/Marsha -- have you mentioned your "wish" to the Sabolichs? They may have some personal contacts in the area who could help.

XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, Florida

Guest bearlover

No I have some class, and dignity and not a user and never will be. I refuse to milk the fact that I have a prosthetic and cry to the world about it.. I have a lot more going for me! My amputaton dose not identify who Iam..Since the clique is all over me..I'll say GOOD BUY! :)

Just what you want.....Your a amputee and have a special leh made to honor Garth....And is thiier any way he can know this...Tell them how much you admire him and always have. How his music helped you..You want to sound sincer and not just like a average fan or a fan..but a special fan..

These are your words............ Then you say dont say "amputee" later on????

Lets make up our mind here. :wacko:

bearlover: No I have some class, and dignity and not a user and never will be. I refuse to milk the fact that I have a prosthetic and cry to the world about it.. I have a lot more going for me! My amputaton dose not identify who Iam..Since the clique is all over me..I'll say GOOD BUY!

Bear, we've asked you to explain your views on this issue and you've stayed silent, aside from accusing other members of being "whiners" "lacking character" "looking for pity" etc... etc... This could actually be an interesting discussion if you were willing to truly discuss. I'm sorry that's not the case.

It's apparent that you have strong views about not making allowances for the fact that you've lived with physical challenges all your life. It's probably helped you get as far as you have in life. No-one is discounting that. NO-ONE here is advocating self-pity or "whining"... they simply have other ways of living life with a prosthesis.

You, yourself, have told about taking your Amputeddy to school to share with your students. You're doing it to educate the children about amputees, and it's a good thing... but under the rigid definitions you're laying out here, you could be accused of "playing the amputee card" and looking for sympathy from your students. YES, I know that's not how you use it! And that's ALSO not how anyone is suggesting that Sam incorporate his leg as part of his quest to meet his idol. He might have painted a great picture of Garth... or built a model of him out of sugar cubes... but he chose to use his training as a prosthetics tech to build a socket. That's a pretty unusual thing to do, and I think it's well within his rights to want to show it off to the man who inspired it.

It's just a bit of an adventure... not intended to offend.

That's fine for all of you..As for me I will never and have never will used my leg for anytrhing Its playing on peoples pity which is wrong and using people.

'bear' just let it go ~ I do believe your're outnumbered in this one B) just showing he's @ the concert and having a great time, shows he's not pitying himself but getting on with his life. :)

First of all Bear, We are fine, a lil stormy patches, Marsha is in hospital, but is doing ok.. They are going to do a exploratory surgery on her tomorrow morning.. To everyone I appreciate the caring of this subject.. I am not asking for any hand outs, nor am I asking for pity.. I just want Garth to see what I have done! If it happens, Hey it's all good, if not, I look forward to a great night in KC.. I do wanna mention one thing if I may! Everyone knows how big a fan I am, but what I am about to say is not the fan, but a person who actually care.. Garth is going to help support breast cancer.. He is releasing his Ultimate Hits CD in a limited edition pink cover.. 10 dollars of the proceeds are going toward the Susan G Komen For The Cure.. I Am inserting the link..

http://cms.komen.org/komen/index.htm

I just wanna say thanks to you all for the huge support you guys are giving me in my quest for a dream come true..I will keep you all updated as we get closer to Nov.7TH...(Night of the concert)

THANKS AGAIN PEOPLE!!

I forgot to say, I also have my myspace all decked out in Garth, LOL..

Thank YOU, Sam, for getting your thread back "on track!"

Hope everything goes well with Marsha......... we'll all be thinking of her, I'm sure!

Thank YOU, Sam, for getting your thread back "on track!"

Hope everything goes well with Marsha......... we'll all be thinking of her, I'm sure!

YVW! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.. I will make a seperate thread for family issues tomorrow, gonna turn in early, I am dog tired.. so good night to all..

I'll say GOOD BUY! :)

Shopping? :unsure:

Good luck Sam do anything you can to fulfill your dreams.......life would be pretty damn boring without them :)

Sam, I've seen people on TV covered in OTT tattoos of their idle, not once were they accused of playing the able bodied card. I really can not see the diference between a tattoo on a leg and a transfer on a prosphesis.

Cat has given you some great advice, there would be little point in getting up in the morning if we didn't have are dreams to chase, just ask the Australian rugby team :D

Hope all goes well with Marsha

just ask the Australian rugby team :D

:P ........Our time will come again

Or This? :rolleyes:

Hey Good Morning All,

Hey Cat! How did you know about PG.Com? I am on thier forum as well! But I will call that number when I get home tonight, and see where it gets me.. Thanks..

Or This? :rolleyes:

Hey Good Morning All,

Hey Cat! How did you know about PG.Com?

Have internet......can search :rolleyes: