Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

I walked with both my legs for the first time today it was painful as all get out but I am so proud of myself I just wish my wife could have seen me do it for she was so broken hearted cause she had to work it was the first time I have walked sence I have had my left hip replaced in june of 06 then having my right foot go in the medical waste bin like my left foot I am so excited to start rehab next week I hope LOL

That is GREAT news! It's life-changing when you get vertical again; isn't it?

All the best on your rehab... may you and your wife soon be going for a nice stroll!

As I've known you for what seems like AGES (it must be 2 years now, mustn't it? :unsure: ), I know what you've been through to get to this stage, TJ. I think you're doing really well...amazingly well, actually! :D And, I bet your wife and three little cherubs are so proud of you?! B)

(((hugs)))

Lizzie :)

It is an amazing feeling to stand between those parallel bars and walk for the first time, again. It might seem small to most people, but for amputees, it is a liberating feeling.

I'm glad that your rehab is progressing.

t's not a small thing - it's HUGE :D There's no feeling like it in the world. All the best to you.

Wonderful news. :D

The best bit is that this is just the start :)

Once you experience that moment, not many more even compare, do they?

Congratulations, man! You should definitely use this as an excuse to celebrate. :D :D :D

oh, I'll be on that tune you posted for a while now. My music tastes have shown to be too narrow by being unfamiliar with that one. Thanks.

here it is afternoon and was hoping rehab would have called me by now to set my first appointment so that I can really get down to business suppizingly I can not wait for the pain to really start though I have had difficulties all my life this will be the first time I have actually had rehab therapy thanks for all the support

I walked with both my legs for the first time today it was painful as all get out but I am so proud of myself I just wish my wife could have seen me do it for she was so broken hearted cause she had to work it was the first time I have walked sence I have had my left hip replaced in june of 06 then having my right foot go in the medical waste bin like my left foot I am so excited to start rehab next week I hope LOL

Fantastic news, that feeling you get when you take your first couple of steps will live with me for ever. My wife was ar work when I took my first walk, the physio terrorist took a couple of pictures for her to look at. Take the rehab easy and just enjoy it.

Thats great news,

I know what it's like to have to wait so long to get upright, but it's great when you do.

Well done.

Lynne

Congratulations on being upright again...As said before... there is no other feeling like..

Just don't over do it.. easy enough to do when you are anticipating walking again.

Easy steps, my friend.... :)

Ah, excellent!!!! Now THIS is the kind of news about 'accomplishments' that I love to see here.

Standing on your own two feet is just wicked the first time. I'm so pleased for you!

Whoooo-hooooooo........WELL DONE!!!

:D :D

now here is the ironic thing the day I get my legs little did I know one of my wheel berrings goes out on my scooter and well I take this thing everywhere and too all my appointments good thing they will be here monday to fix it LOL

Fantastic! being able to get on my feet made me feel unhandicapped.

JudyH

JudyH

I have never felt handicapped just challanged to me handicap is a really bad word LOL :P

Just playing I know what you mean thanks

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

You news is anything, but a small accomplishment, it is magnificent and this is only the first few steps of many to come.

Blessings, Beth Marie

JudyH

I totally know what you mean, Judy. I have been down since Oct 5th and FEEL handicapped. When I get back in my leg, I won't be.

That great news, I can remember the first time that I walked on my leg. It was an fantastic, I look back on that now And now most people don't even know that I have a prosthetic leg. And the more you walk the better you'll walk, woooo-hoooo. Jerry