Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Jenny

New challenges

I need you to elaborate a little but hell, im always looking for a challenge B)

Absolutely anything really a physical challenge I love to ride horses and swim and go to gym. Travelling sound good or learning new sport etc. Need someone else or more people would like to do something together to give each other support?

Jenny,

I'd say you may get more of a response if you say what you do, how old you are, how active you are, what level of amputation you've got and give a hint as to the sort of thing you mean.

A challenge to some is to walk a mile.... or walk at all!.... or sky dive... or successfully capture a fart in a paper bag...

I think people need to know a bit more about you...

:ph34r::ph34r:

or successfully capture a fart in a paper bag...

:blink::blink::wacko::wacko: Is that possible...that WOULD be quite a challenge!!! :blush:

or successfully capture a fart in a paper bag...

:blink::blink::wacko::wacko: Is that possible...that WOULD be quite a challenge!!! :blush:

yes it is possible butt who would want too LOL

Jenny, I think know just what you're looking for. How's this?

1699448439_74492cd161_m.jpg

I have found that the challenge increases greatly if you simply unhook your remaining achilles tendon. Definitely an advanced technique that you will want to work up to. Baby steps first, so I advise plenty of practice with your basic one leg riding before advancing to achilles detachment. ;)

:lol: :lol:

Jenny,

I'd say you may get more of a response if you say what you do, how old you are, how active you are, what level of amputation you've got and give a hint as to the sort of thing you mean.

A challenge to some is to walk a mile.... or walk at all!.... or sky dive... or successfully capture a fart in a paper bag...

I think people need to know a bit more about you...

:ph34r::ph34r:

:) :) I have a through hip amputatioin of my right leg. I ride horses in dressage competitions and win lots against able bodied. I swim at least a mile every day, I go in the gym recently to gain more strength. I can walk on my crutches 2 miles ish. I am not telling you my age, as I must be oldish.

I am slim and fitter than many people, just want a go at something new with other people for friendship and give each other motivation.

Jenny, I think know just what you're looking for. How's this?

1699448439_74492cd161_m.jpg

I have found that the challenge increases greatly if you simply unhook your remaining achilles tendon. Definitely an advanced technique that you will want to work up to. Baby steps first, so I advise plenty of practice with your basic one leg riding before advancing to achilles detachment. ;)

:lol: :lol:

Probabley my X husband is the remaining achilles heel. You look good if thats you?

I am just getting started on riding horses. We have 4 Arabians and another "in the oven." My hat's off to you. Riding a horse is a WIERD feeling! I feel much more comfortable on a bike. Horses have no clutch, bad brakes, and the throttle has a mind of it's own! :D

BTW, My wife, Cassie shows dressage when she gets a chance. We are the odd balls in our area. Arabians AND English. We must be crazy. ;)

Oh, when we were kids, I had a cousin who got a burn on his butt by... well, never mind. :o

Awesome picture, Shane. You've got more guts than me :wacko:

Oh, when we were kids, I had a cousin who got a burn on his butt by... well, never mind. :o

Where do all these quotes come from, I would rather have a quote just from you. Jenny

While this thread has struck me as a little strange but the underlying idea is cool. So which part of the hemisphere do you reside in Jenny?

While this thread has struck me as a little strange but the underlying idea is cool.

Have to agree with that. Shane, great picture. However if you whisper free beer in Oneblueleg's ear he will jump higher without any help, from a seated position :D

I am just getting started on riding horses. We have 4 Arabians and another "in the oven." My hat's off to you. Riding a horse is a WIERD feeling! I feel much more comfortable on a bike. Horses have no clutch, bad brakes, and the throttle has a mind of it's own! :D

BTW, My wife, Cassie shows dressage when she gets a chance. We are the odd balls in our area. Arabians AND English. We must be crazy. ;)

I love horses! I wish I could have one. While in the Outer Banks, my mom and I went horse riding on the beach and it was amzing! I loved it but her horse was sooo bad. Its name was Luna (short or lunatic, i'm sure) and what my horse did, hers did. I wanted mine to run but she didn't want hers to. When we got off, her leg got stuck and she fell! Her whole arm was purple! After I asked if she was ok, I had to laugh. It was after all, kind of funny. If it would of broke it wouldn't of been but just a bruise, pretty comical. She hasn't been on a horse since.

Shelby, I have not been on horseback since I was somewhere right around your age! As I recall, it was an awfully cool feeling to be bouncing along on the back of such an amazing animal.

That summer, I was working (read: volunteering) at a summer camp as a junior counselor. I'd never been able to go away to camp myself, but I figured that working there would be kind of like being a "camper." Actually, it was mostly a LOT of running around, trying to keep track of my six little "charges," but I DID get to take part in many of the activities... including a trail ride through the hills around the camp.

Our little campers were all elementary and middle-school aged... I was an "old lady" of 16. The campers were mostly tiny little girls: i was tall, plump, and strong. When we arrived at the stable for our ride, they took one look at me and hollered "Bring out Clyde!"

"Clyde" was NOT a Clydesdale... but he sure came close! He towered over me, and when I finally got myself up in the saddle, my legs basically struck straight out in a painful version of the splits. "He doesn't get to go out with a rider all that often," Clyde's handler told me; "He's going to enjoy the exercise."

Well, boy, did he ever! Like your mom's horse, Clyde mostly did what Clyde wanted to dp. at tje speed at which he wanted to go. He was so full of "pep" that I was afraid I'd completely lose control and go careening off into the woods!

I wasn't a very good rider, but I'd been on my friend's pony a few times, and I managed to keep myself on Clyde and nudge him back on track when he started to wander too far from the rest of the group. After we got used to each other, I had a grand time... even managed to dismount without killing myself in the process! (Felt like I was flinging myself off a cliff!)

Boy, oh boy, though... was I ever stiff and sore the next morning... my legs still felt like they were frozen in the "splits!"

I'm glad you enjoyed your ride... and that your mom's adventure was one you can look back at and laugh about!

Shelby, I have not been on horseback since I was somewhere right around your age! As I recall, it was an awfully cool feeling to be bouncing along on the back of such an amazing animal.

That summer, I was working (read: volunteering) at a summer camp as a junior counselor. I'd never been able to go away to camp myself, but I figured that working there would be kind of like being a "camper." Actually, it was mostly a LOT of running around, trying to keep track of my six little "charges," but I DID get to take part in many of the activities... including a trail ride through the hills around the camp.

Our little campers were all elementary and middle-school aged... I was an "old lady" of 16. The campers were mostly tiny little girls: i was tall, plump, and strong. When we arrived at the stable for our ride, they took one look at me and hollered "Bring out Clyde!"

"Clyde" was NOT a Clydesdale... but he sure came close! He towered over me, and when I finally got myself up in the saddle, my legs basically struck straight out in a painful version of the splits. "He doesn't get to go out with a rider all that often," Clyde's handler told me; "He's going to enjoy the exercise."

Well, boy, did he ever! Like your mom's horse, Clyde mostly did what Clyde wanted to dp. at tje speed at which he wanted to go. He was so full of "pep" that I was afraid I'd completely lose control and go careening off into the woods!

I wasn't a very good rider, but I'd been on my friend's pony a few times, and I managed to keep myself on Clyde and nudge him back on track when he started to wander too far from the rest of the group. After we got used to each other, I had a grand time... even managed to dismount without killing myself in the process! (Felt like I was flinging myself off a cliff!)

Boy, oh boy, though... was I ever stiff and sore the next morning... my legs still felt like they were frozen in the "splits!"

I'm glad you enjoyed your ride... and that your mom's adventure was one you can look back at and laugh about!

Glad you enjoyed your rides on horses. Not neing smobbisj O am a seriopis rider, competions. So this is nice for a chat but not very interesting. Jenny

Glad you enjoyed your rides on horses. Not neing smobbisj O am a seriopis rider, competions. So this is nice for a chat but not very interesting. Jenny

:o :glare:

Cheryl, I found it quite interesting. And Jenny, I think you were pretty rude.

Geeze, I feel the same as Marcia.

Hey, to each his/her own...

Jenny, I do have to agree with the others in saying that I really do not "get" what you're going for with this thread. If you want to up the "interest" level, how about providing some input?