Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shane

AK mountain biker

Nice to see others having a go, even if he is cheating by just going downhill ;)

That was really amazing watching him stand and ride...What a cool leg...Thanks for adding that Shane. You made my day!!! I'm still hoping to figure out some way to ride by next summer, be it with one leg, a prosthesis, or a hand bike! No moutain biking for me though...I'm sticking to the road. The flatter the better...Felt that way before I lost my leg...I'm basically a lazy road biker :wacko: ...I like long distance flats, which is pretty easy to find in the Midwest :D .

Lorri

I used to love technical downhill riding in UK and overseas.

I want a leg like this, have forwarded to to my prosthetist!.

I want one!!

thanks Shane

I saw the "tendon" set up a few months ago. I was actually "cipherin'" on the possibility of a leg for me to race in and was thinking along the lines of using bungee's in a similar fashion. Then I stumbled onto a site that, I think, showed some photos of this guy. I really thought I was "on to something." Just goes to show how few "new" ideas there really are. :wacko:

What I do is different, since it's on a dirt bike. But lots of similar challenges. At this point, I still think for me, that legless is the way. However-At the Extremity Games, I was the only one who rode without. Of course, to be fair, there were only 3 of us AKs in the group. The rest were BKs and one arm amp. I remember one of the AKs spilled and had to wait for someone to help "unhook" him from the bike so he could get up. :excl: