Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneleggedtog

Phantom Pain - the magic bullet

And the magic bullet for me is Zopiclone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone

Kills them dead, including any really bad ones, in about half an hour (for 24 hours on my dose) & also makes you drowsy so you get a good nights sleep into the bargain....... I use a tablet about 60-70 % of the month depending on how bad the pain is.

So there are lots of apparent side effects with this drug, the only one I experience I hope is a nasty taste in the mouth in the morning.

I have tried to contact the makers to find out how this drug apparently suppresses the nervous system to the extent I cant feel even strong phantom pain any more, no answer.

Anybody any more information I am particularly concerned with the long term affects of using this drug regularly.

Hi, this is what I know, I've had Zopiclone prescribed to help with disturbed sleep due to pain and that they contained chemicals that inhibit central nervous system. I was also told they were adictive so, I never took them.

Hi,

I've just had a quick look, and Zopiclone should not be prescribed for any period of time, and as far as the BNF (british national formulary) is concerned it's only indications are insomnia.

It is addictive, and can have withdrawal effects.