Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2008 18th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Roll call :) Who's going to Atlanta?

ACA Annual Conference
ACA Annual Conference
Dream, Believe, Achieve! 

Online conference registration and hotel reservations are now available for the 2008 ACA Annual Conference to be held at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel, in Atlanta, Georgia, June 19-22, 2008!

The Early Bird full conference registration is $235 thru May 19, 2008, for ACA members ($385 for nonmembers) and includes all conference sessions, four meals, refreshment breaks, theme party, events and exhibits. 

Room rates at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel are $125/night for up to two people, through May 19, 2008 or until our room block is full. You must reference the ACA conference to get this reduced rate. Please reserve your room early!

Click here to book online now, or visit www.amputee-coalition.org/conference. You may also call Renaissance Waverly Reservations toll-free at 888/391-8724 to reserve your room.

A limited number of accessible rooms and shower chairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so make your reservation early! You will have the option to select an accessible room, but you will need to call Renaissance Waverly Reservations toll free at 888/391-8724 after you receive your confirmation number to request a bed type. Please tell the agent to use A8 as the code for shower stools. Please note that you must request a shower chair at the time of reservation in order to receive one upon arrival.

If you are flying into the AtlantaInternationalAirport, please note that the Renaissance Waverly does not host a shuttle service. The ACA has secured transportation with A&M Limousine for this service, which includes wheelchair-accessible vehicles. Round-trip tickets between the hotel and the airport are $40; one-way tickets are $25. You must book your reservation in advance and reference the ACA to get the reduced rate. To create your reservation, visit http://www.aandmlimo.com/reservations_form.asp or call 770-955-4565 and have your flight information available. Reservations for airport transportation will begin May 15, 2008. Reservations need to be completed by June 17, 2008. Those who do not have advance and prepaid reservations must pay cash upon arrival in Atlanta to secure seats on A&M Limo’s airport shuttles.

For further information, please visit the ACA Web site at www.amputee-coalition.org or call us toll-free at 888/267-5669, ext. 8102.

We look forward to seeing you at the 2008 ACA Annual Conference in Atlanta!

No :( :( :( :(

I have 5 Yes and 4 No. The Yes's have it! Who are the Yes's? I am one of them. Who else will be attending? Please make yourself known. :excl:

I have a possible conflict :( . Hope to know soon.

I'm in the outer banks with my family :(

Maybe next year

I have to work it into my work schedule but Im planning on going. Question; can I join ACA now to get the reduced rate?

YES

I have to work it into my work schedule but Im planning on going. Question; can I join ACA now to get the reduced rate?

Conflicts require solutions. Hope that you can make it Marcia. It wouldn't be the same without you and Don.

Maybe next year

Shelby,

You really should try and make it one of these years. You won't regret it one bit.

I have a possible conflict :( . Hope to know soon.

Conflicts are not allowed!!!! And Johnny's right....it definitely wouldn't be the same.... :(

I hope it all works out soon......for the better....

Higgy

Thanks for making me feel so wanted! Last year I missed my granddaughter's first dance recital because it coincided with the conference. I can't miss it again this year. I will know soon when it is. Everybody keep their fingers crossed.

Oh, you lucky "yes" people! It's not going to work out for me this year, but I'm working toward 2009!

I'll miss seeing everyone! :(

Gosh, out of all of us that was there last year, not very many are going this year?

It looks like so far we've lost Cheri, Karen, Hip Hop, Judy & Bob, who else?

I spoke with fivestring about a week ago and I know that he and BMT Barb are both planning on attending.

Was that question just posted too early yet, by chance?

Cherylm, sorry to hear that you can't make it... I know you've had a rough winter though..... :(

Hi all,

My husband and I are planning on definitely attending the conference this year...we really wanted to last year, but internships and jobs interfered. We aren't letting anything interfere this time though! We are excited to learn and have a good time! Hope to see and meet lots of you there!

Annie

Make sure you look for the tables that have all our smiling faces at them... Last year, I think we ended up with using two or three tables each meal time...If your not sure, then go back to last years conference posts and look at some of the pictures. Or, the last issue of In Motion had Neal's picture in it.. :) Hopefully, he will still be able to join us this year.....It wouldn't be the same without him...

It will be a pleasure to meet you Annie.....

Maybe next year

Shelby,

You really should try and make it one of these years. You won't regret it one bit.

I really want to go! If its the same week every year, then thats the week I go to the outer banks. Next summer is the summer before I go to college, so that will probably be really busy with senior week, then my mom and I are taking a trip to Europe, so maybe in 2010

Oh goody.... Oh goody... Krazy Karen's coming... Krazy Karen's coming.. Oh goody.... Oh goody !!

ACA Annual Conference
ACA Annual Conference
Dream, Believe, Achieve! 

2008 ACA Conference Information Update

Conference & Hotel Registration – Don’t Wait!

Members, register for the 2008 ACA Conference by the May 19 early bird deadline and save $150! Click here (www.amputee-coalition.org/annual_meeting_about.html) to register now.

The Renaissance Waverly Hotel in Atlanta is now over 60 percent full, so if you still need a room, book today. Click here (www.amputee-coalition.org/annual_meeting_housing08.html) to book Online. You may also call Renaissance Waverly Reservations toll-free at 888/391-8724 to reserve your room.

A limited number of shower stools are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so make your reservation today! After you receive your confirmation number, you will need to contact Renaissance Waverly Reservations to request a bed type. Please tell the agent to use A8 as the code for shower stools. Please note that you must request a shower stool when you register in order to receive one upon arrival.

Ground Transportation

A&M Limo is the official ground transportation company of the 2008 ACA Annual Conference. Roundtrip tickets are $40; one-way tickets are $25. Reservations for airport transportation will begin May 15, 2008.

Exciting News

The conference preliminary program will be available on the ACA Web site by March 31! On Thursday, June 19, a preconference Gait Analysis Clinic will be held, and the exhibit hall will be open from 2:30-7:30 p.m. New sessions include expanded upper extremity, pain management, dance and accessible travel, plus an all-new family education track for young amputees and their families. Also, new for 2008 will be the OPAF First Volley and First Swim Clinics, offering tennis and swimming instruction. And don’t miss ACA’s first Hawaiian Luau on Saturday, June 21!

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

I will be with you all in spirit. I spent all my money on going to Oklahoma for my operation. Make sure and send a lot of pictures!! I'll be saving up for next year.

Caroln