Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2008 18th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

How are things going since your surgery Caroln?

I've wondered from time to time and hoped you'd stop by to let us know.

You will be missed at the conference....

Gosh,

It's looking like we are going to have to create a lot of havoc just to keep things interesting this year at the conference.. :lol: :lol:

We still have Kep, Fivestring and I am pretty sure BMT Barb on our list of rowdies though..And Miss Marcia for the dancing, along with Hip Hop, I hope.. Anyone else?

We miss you all when you aren't there........

Hi All,

Thought I sent a message about the ACA. I am planning on being there thanks to Aeroplan miles. I am looking for a roommate. I use a guide dog for balance--especially around ice and snow--which hopefully will not be an issue. She is sweet, very well behaved and "my" roommate gets to play with and pat her in the room. You can see her, Emma, in my avatar. From other conferences I have attended people will always ask, "do you have a roommate yet, I loved to room with Emma :) !! I can send references :rolleyes:

It will be very good to meet other amputees who are closer to my age and very active. The amp support group, which met last year--I am not sure what happened this year--the average must be close to 80.

Peace. Beth Marie

Have a wonderful time, BethMarie... I wish I could go and be your (and Emma's) this year!

In answer to the question about my surgery, all went well. Some trouble with pain meds but the trip went great. I have been on crutches with small amount of weight bearing. I have x-rays again on the 26th and am hoping that I will be able to go down to one crutch. So far things feel good. There's some pain but I think that's normal healing and having not walked since last July. My main frustration is that it is extremely difficult to get a hold of Dr. Ertl. He isn't the fastest in returning calls. I'm glad I have a doctor for follow up here where I live.

Since I'm here, I also can share that I have a new grandbaby. Her name is Olivia Jean and she was born on 3/15/08. She is so much fun. She and her mother are my roomies so life has changed a bit. I was in the delivery room and got to cut the cord. It was awesome!

If anyone has any questions at all about the Ertl procedure and how it was for me, don't hesitate to contact me.

Take care all.

Caroln

Helloooooo Everyone, Yes I am headed for Atlanta this year. I hope that I have a great time just like I did last year. I'm sooooo..... forward to going again, I looking to talk to everyone again. And by the way I'm bringing the rubber duckies with me too. They just came in the mail on saturday. So until then I'll try to keep them from getting away. I'll probably let them loose in the swimming pool right before the swimming lesson. I hope everyone will be able to get one. And by the way they are squirting duckies too. Jerry

Helloooooo Everyone, Yes I am headed for Atlanta this year. I hope that I have a great time just like I did last year. I'm sooooo..... forward to going again, I looking to talk to everyone again. And by the way I'm bringing the rubber duckies with me too. They just came in the mail on saturday. So until then I'll try to keep them from getting away. I'll probably let them loose in the swimming pool right before the swimming lesson. I hope everyone will be able to get one. And by the way they are squirting duckies too. Jerry

Jerry,

You better get more duckies...... :lol: :lol: They are having more swim sessions this time.......so that they have enough time and room for everyone....

ACA Annual Conference
ACA Annual Conference

Dream, Believe, Achieve!

2008 ACA Annual Conference

Preliminary Conference Program

NOW AVAILABLE!

Don't miss this one-of-a-kind event! Over 800 people will attend this four-day conference, which offers many new education sessions and events.

Click here to view and download the 2008 ACA Annual Conference

Preliminary Conference Program.

Register by May 19th

And Save $100

On Your Full Conference Registration!

Click here for online registration, or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration form.

Book Your Hotel Room Today

The ACA Room Block is Almost Full!

Click here to book your room online.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Well, Higgy, You are right as always, I did order an extra 100 duckies. I hope that 180-200 duckies will be enough. Here is a photo for everyone to see........... Jerry

post-1447-1207768397_thumb.jpg

Jerry,

Some of those duckies sorta look like some of us !!!!!!!!

Hi,

I look forward to seeing your ducks in the pool--they are cute.

Peace. Beth Marie

Jerry,

Some of those duckies sorta look like some of us !!!!!!!!

Watch what you say Kerry. I resemble that remark!!!!

Yeah, Some of these duckies remind me of some of the folks in Atlanta last year.... HMMMM Actually one of them do remind me of Neal..HA-HA. see everyone in June for the 2008 Conference.. Jerry

When are most people going? I'm getting ready to make my flight arrangements, and will be rooming with Beth Marie!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Susan :D

When are most people going? I'm getting ready to make my flight arrangements, and will be rooming with Beth Marie!

I am checking into the hotel on Wednesday.

I'm not sure if we are arriving late on Tuesday or early Wed. morning.. but, Wed. will for sure be the latest....

Hey Jerry............ I like the one with the snorkel!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well.........you asked when you called the other night, so I went back and took a look................

Is the captain coming too?

Hi Ya Higgy, I certainly do have one left with a snokel and goggles. Barb thought you might like the sheriff, since you are a moderator. Barb took all four of the nurse duckies for her friends. Skully gets opne of them since she is also a nurse. Well have a great day and talk to you soon, Tell John "Hello" from West Virginia. Jerry

That black and white one in photo looks just like our cat Oreo!...... She likes water too! :wacko:

I didn't realize the others were all different from the first bunch.......

What a time we will be having............................ :D :D :D :D

I'll be attending again this year- looking forward to seeing everyone! :)

I'll be attending again this year- looking forward to seeing everyone! :)

Looking forward to seeing you there, too, Cheri!!!!

Also expect to hear some of Karen's stories about Germany......

ACA Annual Conference
ACA Annual Conference
Dream, Believe, Achieve! 

The Early Bird Discount For the 2008 Amputee Coalition of America Annual Conference Has Been Extended!

Register by June 5th and Save $100

The ACA has extended the early-bird discount to allow members to use their tax rebates for conference fees. Take advantage of this extension, click here to register online for the 2008 ACA Annual Conference June 19-22 in Atlanta, GA or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration form.

This year’s event will be bigger than ever with special sessions for upper-extremity and young amputees, plus many new sessions for all amputee levels. Click here to view and download the 2008 ACA Annual Conference Preliminary Conference Program.

The ACA room discount expires May 19th! There are a limited number of rooms still available, so make your reservation today!

Click here to book your room online at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. If the room block is full or you need alternative hotels in the area, please call ACA, 888/267-5669, ext. 8102 for a hotel list.

A&L Limo is the official ground transportation company of the 2008 ACA Annual Conference. Roundtrip tickets are $40; one-way tickets are $25, which includes wheelchair accessible reservations. You must book your reservations in advance and reference the ACA to receive the reduced rate. Reservations for airport transportation will begin May 15, and reservations will need to be completed by June 17.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!