Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2008 18th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

At last years conference, we enjoyed some trumpet music during one of our meals, played by an amputee. I think it would be fitting this year if we had a bango serenade.

Anyone know someone who could fill that card? Hmmmmm ?

ACA Annual Conference
ACA Annual Conference
Dream, Believe, Achieve! 

Last Week to Save on Registration for the ACA Annual Conference!

This is the last week to save $100 on conference registration! The Early Bird deadline is June 5. You may register online or by fax for the 2008 ACA Annual Conference. Click here for online registration, or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration from.

Don’t Miss This One-of-a-Kind Event!

The 2008 ACA Annual Conference will be held June 19-22 in Atlanta , Georgia . This year’s event will be bigger than ever with special sessions for upper-extremity and young amputees, plus many new sessions for all amputee levels. Click here to view ACA’s updated program and plan what sessions you want to attend!

Click here for information about:

• Hotel accommodations at the Renaissance Waverly

• Ground transportation

• Scooter and wheelchair rental

• Discussion forum to share a room or ride.

To learn more about the ACA Annual Conference, click here or call 888/267-5669 ext. 8102 or conference@amputee-coalition.org.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Which ever one plays the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jerry, all three of them look ok. Just bring one that has five strings. That should be alright.

Kep, Each one of those banjos has a different sound. Maybe I could Talk BMT Barb In bringing her Sullivan and we could do a duo, LMAO!!!!! Ok, Then I decided to bring the Gibson RB-5 Archtop, that the one I play the most. it's my little workhorse... :D :D :D Jerry

P.S. And I won't forget the rubber duckies.... :lol: :lol:

post-1447-1212155113_thumb.jpg

Oh, this all sounds like too much fun! I wish I were going... send us lots of updates and pictures!

O BOY!!!!!!!!! We's gonna have rselves a hoedown.

If Jerry's doing the pickin, whose going to do the grinnin? As long as we don't have a "Deliverance" moment, it sounds like fun. I do the like the song "Dueling Banjos" though. We should find Jerry a partner.

Hey all...

I can do the grinnin'....Only problem, I have all my teeth :P :blink: :P . I love good pickin'...

I'm pretty sure I will be attending the ACA conference this year. I'm sooo looking forward to meeting so many of you that helped me through my first year of 1 leggedness...

In case anyone is interested in becomming a certified peer visitor and hasn't signed up yet, the ACA may be adding another session. I called them yesterday and they said they will know on Tuesday (before the discount deadline) whether another peer support training session will be added. If you wanted to take the peer visitor training course and haven't signed up yet, all classes currently are filled. It might be a good idea to call the ACA on Monday and let them know if you are interested in signing up for their course...

Lorri

You are really getting me all worked up about this Banjo thing. I play the washboard in a band here and would consider bringing it to Atlanta if there is anybody that wants to make all this talk a reality.

Two years back, Jun2006 when Cat joined us at the Minneapolis, MN ACA Conference, I was joyfully surprised :lol: when I think that it was Ottobock, had a carnival with a Dixieland Jazz Band.

I have attached a picture that I had taken from the event. As you can tell from the picture, I really wanted in on that gig badly, but I had left my Washboard at home. :(

So what about it. Let's get serious and make it happen. We could call ourselves Missing Parts, or United We Stand, or Open Mouth Insert Artificial Foot. And we could have a whole lot of fun doing it :excl:

post-53-1212257346_thumb.jpg

I think it is a great idea. I'm musically challenged except for my appreciation of it. I probably couldn't blow in a bottle and make it sound like anything but bad breath.

I remember that night Johnny! And I bet I know the man (extremely well) that took the picture.. We have one like it and a couple of others.. Yeah, it was Otto Bock that put it on at the "out door carnival" as they called it..

I think it would be a great idea.... and, I think the name "Missing Parts" is most appropriate.... You best bring your washboard along!!!! We will get to see another one of your talents!

Sounds like it cranking up to be an awesome conference.......

Are we ready to do a roll call yet? It's fast approaching, and will be here before you know it...I hope that any and all members from this forum, will make sure that they say hello to Johnny and I as we will both be at the "Meet your Regional Rep" function. It's a good place to know for sure that for about an hour and half, we will be there..

I know, I'm looking forward to meeting some of the faces behind the names..

Has anyone heard from Brooke/Hip Hop? Is he going to be there?

It's gonna be so much fun. But, unfortunately, I won't be there :( . I will miss seeing everyone so keep us MIA's posted on all the happenings.

Sorry that you are not able to attend Atlanta this year Cat.. Cherylm.. Shelby.. caroln.. Marcia & Don ..

Ok folks. This is it. Final call. This is in the order of responses from this thread.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Any one else?

JohnnyV - Poughkeepsie NY

Kep - Griffin, Georgia

Neal - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Higgy (Tammie) / John - Bath, IL

ebtalley - Sacramento,CA

AnnieRUH / husband - Montana

Krazy1200 (Karen) - Orlando, Florida

BethMarie - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

fivestringcooper (Jerry) - Gerrardstown, WV

SusanI - New Jersey

Cheri - California

fivestringcooper - Gerrardstown, WV

Hopalong (Lorri) - Indiana

It's gonna be so much fun. But, unfortunately, I won't be there :( . I will miss seeing everyone so keep us MIA's posted on all the happenings.

I totally agree Marcia it will be fun and I'm sorry we won't be here again this year.

Seems almost yesterday that we were all together laughing and drinking, Let's hope they keep up the standard :D

Have fun everyone!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Gosh, our list gets shorter every year.. :( :( :(

Marcia, you and Don will be missed in the pit for sure....your not gonna get your duck!

Cat, you and Ruth are always missed..

Has anyone heard from Judy?

Johnny, I think you need to add BMT Barb. Jerry should be able to confirm that one for me.

Anyone think of anyone else that might be going?

What a bummer. The pit won't be the same without you guys. If I have to drink for Marcia, Don, Ruth and Cat, I won't be able to attend any of the conference. Just bring me a blanket to the pit. And a pillow. And a puke pot. :( :wacko:

I have faith in you, Neal. You can do it... ;)

Marcia and Don, you will certainly be missed. There will be a blank spot without those "Louisiana Eyes".

Just remember, if you change your mind, "Delta is Ready When You Are". and/or Airtrain, and any others.

And who is going to get me in and out of the pit? After reading Neal's post, he may get me in, but getting out is another question for sure!!!

Jon will be there Kep.......he said to tell you not to worry, we'll get you there, and I am pretty good at wheelchairs and scooting things around!!! If I can lift calves, I'm sure that I can help him.. There will be other's there too.....

I think, if Neal gets to the point where he needs his "puke pot" (that is so gross, Neal :blink::blink: ) we'll shove him in a corner!!!!!

Don't worry, my friend, your wit is a necessity in the pit!!!!!!!! :) We'll get you there!

And who is going to get me in and out of the pit? After reading Neal's post, he may get me in, but getting out is another question for sure!!!

Marcia and Don, you will certainly be missed. There will be a blank spot without those "Louisiana Eyes".

Hey, Kep, thanks for the compliment (I think), but I've got "Mississippi Eyes".

Hey, Kep, thanks for the compliment (I think), but I've got "Mississippi Eyes".

Whoops, my bad. Definately meant as a compliment. Just substitute Ms for La. Today just hasn't been my day.

Here's a corrected list, which, I'm sure we will add to before the week is out.....

JohnnyV - Poughkeepsie NY

Kep - Griffin, Georgia

Neal - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Higgy (Tammie) / Jon - Bath, IL

ebtalley - Sacramento,CA

AnnieRUH / husband - Montana

Krazy1200 (Karen) - Orlando, Florida

BethMarie - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

fivestringcooper (Jerry) - Gerrardstown, WV

SusanI - New Jersey

Cheri - California

fivestringcooper - Gerrardstown, WV

BMT Barb - Wisconsin

Hopalong (Lorri) - Indiana

Skully Cat - WI.

Kelly & Carl, Skully's friends, (Wisconsin ?)

If there's anyone else, just let us know...........