Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

mixed results

Good news:

1. Got my Mauch knee from NHS on Friday.

2. Spent rest of Friday and all of Saturday teaching able bodied people to fly in PA28 and and PA38. Happy students and a tired me.

3. Have built a big bonfire on the uneven sloping waste ground by the house - a few falls but haven't ruined self with machete of hand axe. light up after dark tonight, then a whisky and a hot bath!

Not so good:

went to dry ski slope this morning and tried 4- track skiing (pre-accident I was a very good skier). could side step but bugger all control. Wiped out and wrist REALY hurts. think I need to Mono-ski. looking at at a Europe trip after easter or maybe Colorado... (dosh aside!). Any links on the skiing front appreciated - not getting much response from French/austrian instsructers (my french is OK). US and canada are in different league.

Whats four track skiing? The sit down sled? Im just on the cusp of getting my snowboard out for the first time since the accident. got any tips?

Whats four track skiing? The sit down sled? Im just on the cusp of getting my snowboard out for the first time since the accident. got any tips?

4-track is standing on 2 skis with 2 crutches with mini skis at their base

no tips -just try - first attempt was yesterday