Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Hopalong

Top 10 Reasons It's Good to Be One Legged

Please help...

I've come up with a Top 10 List list of my own concerning why it's good to have one leg. (I'm hip disartic who uses crutches)...I need your suggestions for the final reason....Any and all suggestions will be appreciated...Let's have some good fun with this one...

TOP 10 REASONS WHY IT’S GOOD TO HAVE ONE LEG

1. There’s now a place to put my purse when riding on the passenger side of a car

2. Ladies…One less leg to shave!

3. I never have to worry about matching or losing a sock in the wash!

4. Pedicures are half price!

5. I get the best parking spaces.

6. There's no need for a pogo stick.

7. There's nothing funnier than watching a dog run through me while standing on my crutches.

8. On Halloween, all I need is an eye-patch

9. A pair of socks have doubled in their value

AND THE NUMBER TEN REASON IS:

10. ???????????????????

hahaha Lorri that's great :D

I'll have to change mine to one foot but hopefully you like my number 10

1. The nail polish on the toes of my right foot stays on forever. I just have to match it on my real foot

2. I save time cutting nails

3. I can walk across hot surfaces with nothing on my feet. (if I go very quickly that is)

4. I can roll things over my foot and it doesn't hurt.

5. I can scare children :D

6. I can also make those same children laugh 10 seconds later

7. I can set off metal detectors.

8. I can wear temporary tattoos for MONTHS

9. Things like ice skating are easy cos my ankle will never collapse.

10. I get to talk to and meet some of the nicest, bravest, toughest people in the world and become friends with them and be a part of a "family" that makes me feel very humble, proud and constantly inspired.

Well Cat, I guess you probably skunked us all with that one!..Even though, it is amazingly correct..

You do meet the bravest people around..With a lot of heart and soul..

I was just going to say something like,

"It makes it harder for them to track you!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

^_^ I think you two have covered it very well. Cat's is so true & Higgy's is funny (which I might add) you have to have a lot of laughter to get through it.

:rolleyes:

ann

That is too damn funny! LMYAOTF!!!! :lol:

Only one shoe stinks ;)

Love it!!

You can step on someone's foot intentionally and still say, "oops, didn't know"! :blush:

When we were painting the office walls in January, I was "cutting in" before they rolled the walls, and I found out that without a leg, I fit quite nicely into the corners! :lol: :lol: :lol: Pop always said that I was "built for corners".. Wonder how he knew what was going to happen................

no longer have to have a size 10 flat foot....the choices are huge!

hahaha Lorri that's great :D

10. I get to talk to and meet some of the nicest, bravest, toughest people in the world and become friends with them and be a part of a "family" that makes me feel very humble, proud and constantly inspired.

That sums it up for me

Higgy, "It makes it harder for them to track you!" is that part of your Tax work? :D

Higgy, "It makes it harder for them to track you!" is that part of your Tax work? :D

Not really Sparky, that would be running fast, some days! Can't figure out why people get mad at me when they are the ones who get themselves in those situations.. :huh:

Actually, my father taught me how to track when I was about 10 years old...

Scaring kids...check. My friends' three little children had nightmares for a week and refused to sleep in their own bedrooms alone after asking me what happened to my leg.

I told them that when I was their age, I stayed awake past midnight and the monster in the closet took it. Shame on me, but I forgot how gullible and impressionable little kids are. But their mother has made sure that I never forget, as I still hear about it.

Stepping on things...check. While rebuilding my deck, I stepped on a board with an upturned nail in it and drove it right up through the shoe bottom to the carbon-fiber sole. If that had been my other foot, that would have hurt. as it was, I didn't even need a tetanus booster.

Free drinks in bars. I have twice gulled nice waitresses into a wager where they would bring a round of beers for my table if I could stand up and touch the tip of my nose with my toe. When they accepted, I stood up, detached the leg, and touched the tip of the shoe to my nose. Note: must wear long pants. This never works if they can see the prosthetic.

Scaring kids...check. My friends' three little children had nightmares for a week and refused to sleep in their own bedrooms alone after asking me what happened to my leg.

I told them that when I was their age, I stayed awake past midnight and the monster in the closet took it. Shame on me, but I forgot how gullible and impressionable little kids are. But their mother has made sure that I never forget, as I still hear about it.

Stepping on things...check. While rebuilding my deck, I stepped on a board with an upturned nail in it and drove it right up through the shoe bottom to the carbon-fiber sole. If that had been my other foot, that would have hurt. as it was, I didn't even need a tetanus booster.

Free drinks in bars. I have twice gulled nice waitresses into a wager where they would bring a round of beers for my table if I could stand up and touch the tip of my nose with my toe. When they accepted, I stood up, detached the leg, and touched the tip of the shoe to my nose. Note: must wear long pants. This never works if they can see the prosthetic.

'Stagger Lee' that is terrible to tell children that!! AND hear about it, you should. :wacko: Heehee, what a Bad boy you are.