Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
benc

hey everyone

hi, im new here and thought id better introuduce myself, my names ben im 22 and have been a left aka since april last year. I had an accident on my bike in march last year after lots of attempts to save my leg they had to amputate. As well as losing my leg i broke lots of bones(pelvis,legs,ribs,arm,fingers) split my aorta,got nerve damage and snapped ligaments in my knee. so its all taken a while to heal and i finally got my leg in jan. ive only got a fixed knee at the moment because of al the other injurys but im just starting to walk without sticks :D and in a couple of months i should get a free knee.

Well thats me, i thought id join and hopefully i can help people with there questions.

Ben

hi, im new here and thought id better introuduce myself, my names ben im 22 and have been a left aka since april last year. I had an accident on my bike in march last year after lots of attempts to save my leg they had to amputate. As well as losing my leg i broke lots of bones(pelvis,legs,ribs,arm,fingers) split my aorta,got nerve damage and snapped ligaments in my knee. so its all taken a while to heal and i finally got my leg in jan. ive only got a fixed knee at the moment because of al the other injurys but im just starting to walk without sticks :D and in a couple of months i should get a free knee.

Well thats me, i thought id join and hopefully i can help people with there questions.

Ben

Welcome Ben......I think it would be appropiate for you to tell us what you didn't break or injure !! :blink: Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to our humble site...I believe you will like it here. We have a great bunch of guys & gals and they all have alot of knowledge.

;)

ann

Hello Ben, I'm not far from you, welcome... we might bump into each other at some point, you never know... PM me if you fancy a pint sometime... I've been an AK for 25 years and your story is very similar to mine.

G'day :D

Hi, Ben, and welcome!

Well come from across the pond!

Hope your healing goes well!

Best,

Susan :)

Hi Ben,

I join the others welcoming you to the forum. You sure have been through a lot, but it sounds like the journey is now going in the right direction.

Peace, Beth Marie

Welcome from me too, Ben :)

Ben

Welcome Ben, I'm sure you'll find your stay a pleasant one!

Sheila :)

Thanks everyone im sure ill enjoy being here, everyone is nice and sounds very helpful.

oneblueleg do you go to portsmouth for you leg? though i guess you don't go often any more.

Thanks everyone im sure ill enjoy being here, everyone is nice and sounds very helpful.

oneblueleg do you go to portsmouth for you leg? though i guess you don't go often any more.

Hi Ben, no I don't, I only go to Portsmouth to watch footy ;o)... Play Up...

I used to, but for no bad reason, I don't now.

welcome from another broken biker......

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. I have met Oneblueleg, and I can tell you that he gets his leg made up from ship breakers yards and army surplus :)

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. I have met Oneblueleg, and I can tell you that he gets his leg made up from ship breakers yards and army surplus :)

If I'm lucky! ;)