Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Not in my lifetime, but some day, maybe it will be possible to regenerate limbs. That would be nice. :)

Not in my lifetime, but some day, maybe it will be possible to regenerate limbs. That would be nice. :)

"mmarie"

Wouldn't that be a miracle :excl: *{sighhh} but I agree, not in my time either.

"cat"

That fellow lives in my state...By the way, love the avatar :excl:

;) ann

I thought it was awesome, but I think back, and I dont think it would be normal "to be normal" again ! LOL..

I had pig intestine put into a sore on my stump to help it heel faster.

It worked, but was quite traumatizing.

I thought it was awesome, but I think back, and I dont think it would be normal "to be normal" again ! LOL..

If I could know all of you and know all the things I know now I'd go back to being normal. But that isn't possible, is it. What the hell is normal anyway?? :wacko:

EXACTLY!!!! Thats my point!!!

LOL

What the hell is normal anyway?? :wacko:

Don't ask me!!! :lol: :lol: :P :P

Every time I hear someone say "Not in my lifetime, but maybe someday" I'm tempted to rattle off the amazing advances science has made in my lifetime, and the time to come up with these advances gets exponentially shorter as time goes by.

For instance, the discoveries made in the last ten years equals the discoveries made in the previous one hundred years etc.

I expect to live another 40 years (if I stay off of motorcycles) therefore, I expect to see huge advances in tissue regeneration, transplants, organ growth etc. and have already seen such advances in my lifetime as all of you have. Life expectancy keeps getting longer with each discovery I might add.

Bottom line, unless you plan to pitch over in the next five years, prepare to be astounded.

I would give my right leg to be normal. :D

I already did... :P I don't think it worked :wacko:

The strides they have made in medicine have been phenomenal, as you say.. Sometimes, I wonder if it is because people are so much more relaxed in values, beliefs, etc. Giving them more room to "think outside the box." I'm not arguing that by any means. If they hadn't of thought that way, I wouldn't be here today.

As for the "pig powder", they've known things like that for a while.. It's just getting people to be open minded enough to allow them to use those sorts of things.