Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Falstaff1485

Easy Jet or difficult Jet

We're in the process of booking our holidays in Spain. Looks like we're going by EasyJet. I wanted to make sure that we've got a bit of latitude on our baggage allowance if my shower leg takes me over the 20kg limit. Apparantly my shower leg can be regarded as disabled equipment if I get a letter from a hospital or doctor stating that this was indeed a prosthetic leg, and I did need it for showering.

Can you Adam and Eve it?

Regards

Roger

When I fly I always take my prosthetic as hand luggage.

In March I did a 3 week trip flew from London to Helsinki to Japan to Honolulu to Maui to Honolulu to San Francisco then Back to London.

I carried my leg (AK) on all of those flights, without a doctors letter and didn't have a single problem. I did contact the airlines in advance to inform them I would be doing this and I did re-state this at the first check-in after that I just couldn't be bothered and nobody questioned me.

I flew with easy-jet recently but that was just for a day trip so I wasn't carrying my extra leg. The best advice I can give you regarding this airline is to pay for the priority boarding and then go to the gate desk and ask to be pre-boarded. If you don't pay for priority boarding then you'll have to wait for eveyone that has to get on first and take your pick from the seats that are left. This will give you the chance to find the right seat and the overhead lockers will be empty so there'll be plenty of room for your leg.

I wouldn't advise putting you leg through as checked baggage as if it does go missing it'll ruin your whole holiday.

We're in the process of booking our holidays in Spain. Looks like we're going by EasyJet. I wanted to make sure that we've got a bit of latitude on our baggage allowance if my shower leg takes me over the 20kg limit. Apparantly my shower leg can be regarded as disabled equipment if I get a letter from a hospital or doctor stating that this was indeed a prosthetic leg, and I did need it for showering.

Can you Adam and Eve it?

Regards

Roger

just got the same from easy jet in Nice- while another say have to pay!