Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ali.hall

I am now a munroist :D

Now, to clear this up for everyone outside of Jockland (Scotland), a Munro is any mountain in Scotland, above the height of 3000ft (914m).

I climbed my first one on Saturday and it feels great. I went up Meall nan Tarmachan, which is near Killin, an hour and a half north of Glasgow. The height was 1,044m (about 3425ft or so). To put this in perspective, this is higher than any hill in either England or Ireland, and only beaten by a few meters by 2 hills in Wales. It is the 91st highest hill in the UK :D

I am very proud though, go me.

CIMG1034.jpg

CIMG1037.jpg

CIMG1045.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

CIMG1052.jpg

CIMG1055.jpg

Well done Ali, that is some achievement, I found it difficult climbing four flights of stairs to my sons apartment in Switzerland a couple of weeks ago, mind you, you have got a few decades on me, lol.

That's great, Ali! Love the pics... what beautiful countryside!

What kind of foot do you have?

I look forward to being able to do at least some minimal hiking/climbing...

Cheers guys, was a great feeling to get to the top.

I am currently using a Senator foot, was loaned one to try out, but I really like it so will have to persuade them to let me keep it :D Actually prefer it to the Ceterus I usually use.

Awesome shots. Way to go. I am wanting to do some climbing/hiking but am trying to get rid of my 20 lb. winter coat first. I know, I know. If I did the hiking/climbing the winter coat would probably go away, but that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Well done! you beat me, I spent 2 days camped under Ben Nevis 3wks ago, sussing it out. while I was there someone told me 14 wheelchairs had set off up the mountain.

In the third picture down, in the hill in the very distant, the one just right of centre, with a gradual climb and a steep fall, that is Ben Nevis.

This is the view I had from Glen Nevis. You can just pick out the track zig - zagging across the rock.

PICT0042.jpg