Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Brenda

ACA's 2004 14th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Next years ACA convention is going to be Aug 5-7 in Nashville TN. It is at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel rate of $109 a night. I am planning on attending and will be making my reservations soon. Hope to see you there.

Brenda :D

I will be attending this years conference. I have not paid as of yet but plan on doing so in the next few days I have the money for that and saving for the airfare and hotel. I will probably flying in on Aug 4th and leaving on the 8th or 9th not sure on that yet I guess that all depends on if I do the Peer counseling.

Hope to see some of you there. Whoever decides they are going we will have to make some plans on when and where to meet.

Brenda

If you are planning on attending the ACA you can now register on line using a Credit Card or print the form and mail in your payment. The cost for Members is $200 until 5/30/04 then it's $250 for non members it's $300 until 5/30/04 and then it's $350. There is also the Peer support training that will be held all day on sunday for $25 this is a great thing if you want to be able to go into rehab facilities to talk to new amps.. Hope to see you all there....

http://www.amputee-coalition.org

I'll be sending in my money soon....

Brenda

EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT EXTENDED!

Don't miss your opportunity to join the Amputee Coalition of America in celebrating it's 15th anniversary at the 2004 ACA Educational Conference & Exposition, August 5-7, 2004!

The ACA has extended the early bird registration discount to June 15th

Save $50 on your full conference registration during this discount period.

If you are an ACA member, you will save an additional $50!

All family members or guests may also register under your membership number!

This one-of-a-kind event offers amputee consumers the opportunity to network,

share ideas and learn how to live life to its fullest from the nations leading

experts. See the most innovative technology and services on the market today.

Sessions from dance to diabetes management will be held in beautiful downtown

Nashville, Tennessee. Dance the night away at the Wild Horse Saloon, an event

full of fun, food and music! Enjoy meeting other amputees and caregivers to share

ideas and build lasting friendships!

Log on to http://www.amputee-coalition.org to register or call toll free 1-888-267-5669.

All conference sessions will be held at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel. ACA

has secured a discounted rate of $109 per night for up to two people through

July 5th. There are a very limited number of room nights still available, so

please book your reservation today at 1-800-327-6618. Please reference the ACA

conference to receive this rate

The Hilton Suites Downtown Nashville is also offering ACA conference attendees

a discounted rate of $129 per night through July 12th, which includes a breakfast

buffet and beverage reception daily. The Hilton is 2 blocks away and you may

reserve your room by calling 1-615-620-2150. You must reference the Amputee

Coalition to receive the above rates.

We all look forward to seeing you in Music City - USA!

It is killing me not to go this year. But maybe next year. I had seriously considered it but we have too many other priority trips coming up. We lived in MO for over nine years and have not been back there for over two, so this summer we must drive from Utah to MO...just me alone with the four kiddos....should be fun, but a pretty big trip.

Then my dad is retiring in MO at the end of the summer. I cant take the kids at that time, since they will be in school by then, but I might fly in to be at his party. We realized recently that it is the same weekend as the tenth anniversary of my moms death so all my siblings are trying to be there, to honor her on that day.

In the meantime, thru the rest of the summer I need to be around as much as possible. I have a three year old with severe speech delays and have had trouble finding him help here in Utah. I finally got him into a program that had a waiting list, and he starts in mid june, so I dont feel like I can miss many sessions.

I am planning to fly out next summer though...hope to see you all there! Marcus, wish I could help you out on the fashion show...but I will be your guinea pig and try out the ski foot this winter.... :P

Anyone who goes MUST post photos! Wouldnt it be neat if some friends from the forum could meet up there and take a group picture??

Judy

Utah

LBK

Hey all

I wish I could go

but the money is a big problem

and transportation is the biggest.

Well I defintely want pics posted!!!!!!!!

I wish there was something in Tx

I could meet all of you

Lesley

Hi, Brenda:

We'll see you at ACA in Nashville in a few weeks. I'm eager to meet the great distance runner in person. No, I'm not a runner - I'm a Gimpy Grandpa, but I admire and ceer on the althetes among us.

Who else is coming to ACA?

Hey Brenda

JohnnyV tried to persuade me to ask my parents to go

and I think it would be totally awesome

but my problem would be the money and the transportation

to TN and in TN

I would ask but that would be a big problem

Lesley

Lesley,

Call the ACA and maybe they can sponsor you so you can attend. They have a youth camp so maybe you would meet others your age that you can relate to!!

ACA 1-866-267-5669.

We'll see you at ACA in Nashville in a few weeks.

Who else is coming to ACA?

I will be there.

To all who are going to the conference in Nashville this week, have a great time!

I will be with you in spirit thinking of my memories of last year's conference.

Who all is going? Make sure you catch up with each other. Great way to meet others from this board.

Take care and be careful!

Walking again :D