Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
kurgan

hi all

Hi my name is kirk 30 years old and had a left bka done at Kingston and rehab done at queen marys hospital 7 weeks ago, home now with my new leg and have no end of trouble ,if theres anyone out there who has there leg fixed at queen marys please let me know as i have a million questions thanks inadvance.

Welcome to the forum Kirk.

My amp was done in the US, but I'm an LBK like you. Ask as many questions as you like. There will be many answers.

Neal

hi,

i dont live down south but have been through just about every hospital department for my treatment and rehab up here - so if you've got questions about specifically uk based stuff then ill try and help. xx

Hi Kirk,

I had my rehab at Stanmore but lived in Clapham. The initial reason that I was in that situation is that I was originally in hospital in North London and so my consultant just referred me to Stanmore. Then once I started going there I didn't really want to change and so I just learned to suffer the long tube journey. If you're not happy with Queen Mary's maybe you could ask to change to Stanmore as they are good there. I think the NHS system is set up so that you can pretty much go anywhere you want to get your legs.

Queen Mary's is meant to be very good though, isn't it? What's up with your leg?

By the way I was 27 when I lost my leg and am 31 now, so am about your age.

F

thanks for the replys everyone ,lost my leg due to pain really had a leg full of metal plates playing rugby over the years the pain go so bad i couldnt walk so had it taken off,everything has been great since,only trouble i've had is with queen marys the rehab was rubbish and ive been ringing for over a week to get someone to sort my leg out i have now been told i have to see a doctor to get rerefered to see someone else as my guy has gone on holiday for 3 weeks i havent a wheel chair as its a 8 week wait so im hopping or on crutches,im in the army so thank god ive got headly court to go to on monday.

G'day :D

Hi and welcome!

Hi my name is kirk 30 years old and had a left bka done at Kingston and rehab done at queen marys hospital 7 weeks ago, home now with my new leg and have no end of trouble ,if theres anyone out there who has there leg fixed at queen marys please let me know as i have a million questions thanks inadvance.

Hi Kirk

Things always seem really tough when you first become an amputee, but I'm sure you'll get sorted out pretty soon.

Good Luck