Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Harley Glenn

Biker Amputees

Hi, my name's Glenn. Seven weeks ago I had an accident on my Harley (yes they do go fast enough to have accidents) and ended up with a below knee amputation of my right leg. Am I down, fed up, mopeing around? NO, I'm not! As far as I'm concerned, it's a blip and, when I have my prosthetic, I'll be back on a bike again even though it may take a while.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from any other bikers out there in the forums. If I get enough response, we could have our own discussion group.

In the meantime, I'm off to do me excercises as I have physio tomorrow & I'm gonna get PAM-Aided again!

Keep yer chin up folks!

Welcome to the forum Glenn. I'm not a biker, but your attitude will help your recovery.

Neal

I'm not a biker......but G'day :smile: .....I like your attitude :biggrin:

By the way, I was a biker, and will be again one day.... when my Mum isn't around anymore.... I couldn't make her go through the worry of going what she went through when I had my accident...

By the way, I was a biker, and will be again one day.... when my Mum isn't around anymore.... I couldn't make her go through the worry of going what she went through when I had my accident...

Yeah, know what you mean! It was easier for me after my parents died. I had a few minor accidents as a youngster, but enough to make them worried. Glad they're not here in the flesh now!

I'm not a biker......but G'day :smile: .....I like your attitude :biggrin:

Thanks Cat! We just do what we can :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum Glenn. I'm not a biker, but your attitude will help your recovery.

Neal

Absolutely Neal! No point in sitting doing the "poor me" stuff! All that'll do is p!ss off my girlfriend and those around me! Just gotta get on with it & play the hand that's dealt you!

"...Just gotta get on with it & play the hand that's dealt you! "

That pretty much covers it right there! :biggrin: Good to meet you, Glenn. I'm a LAK "biker" type.

Hello!

I had a bike crash too, lost my leg above the knee... this is me showing those blimin 2 legged people how its done...

Ive got a GSXR1000 now tho and its sooo fast!

Hello!

I had a bike crash too, lost my leg above the knee... this is me showing those blimin 2 legged people how its done...

Ive got a GSXR1000 now tho and its sooo fast!

Nice one! I had a mate who had a complete prosthetic for a right leg & he used to whup the backside off most of his two-legged fellow bike-racers! Many of them didn't believe he had a prosthetic, until he took it off & beat them with it! Lol!

Keep it up mate!

Hey there Glenn,

I am an LBK since '92 - lost mine in a head-on between to 125's on a farm. Now ride a Roadstar 1700 to work evry day, come rain or shine.

Hang in there, and keep your attitude right, and you will get there. Set small goals, milestones, and go at your own pace. Never give up!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Glenn

Im another crashed biker here, i had a head on with a car last march and am now a left above knee amputee.

Im not back on a bike yet but it wont be too long, might do motorcross instead, less cars to hit :laugh:

Hi Glenn

Im another crashed biker here, i had a head on with a car last march and am now a left above knee amputee.

Im not back on a bike yet but it wont be too long, might do motorcross instead, less cars to hit :laugh:

Have to agree with the "less cars to hit" part. I'm considering getting back into biking with a little off road dirt biking myself. Afraid I would start to wonder which car had my name on it in the oncoming traffic if I jumped back onto a street bike. Also, even though my wife won't say anything about it, I know she is tired of getting calls from hospitals. Had a bad one before the big one on my bike. The bike had just gotten out of the repair shop from the earlier accident and I was testing it out when I got hit and became lbk. Anyway, welcome and good luck Glenn.

Ken

Crashed Biker Club Member here. Welcome Glenn

I just passed the 3 year mark last July with my RBK

It sounds like your doing GREAT !!!! Its always good to hear positive attitudes concerning these "little setbacks"

i look at it this way. theres two kind of riders. "those that have been down and those that are going down" well we have been down. so we get back up and ride again. i just can't wait to ride with my friends again!

I used to to do 20,000 miles a year on my bikes, but no more. Was critical for weeks and lost one above knee and smashed other had to be resusitated etc.

The only thing I dont do is ride a bike not 'coz I can't, but out of consideration to my family and what they went through.

there are no limits.

welcome!

As a motorcycle-riding police officer, I'm also here thanks to a motorcycle and a woman driver in a car who wasn't paying attention. Why did we ever license them to drive? (Just kidding, ladies :tongue: )

I will be back on a bike before too much longer, and I've already told my old boss at my station that the next time I show up, I expect to try out the brand new bike that I know they just got.

Betcha they've got those keys hidden really well by now. :biggrin:

Hi, my name's Glenn. Seven weeks ago I had an accident on my Harley (yes they do go fast enough to have accidents) and ended up with a below knee amputation of my right leg. Am I down, fed up, mopeing around? NO, I'm not! As far as I'm concerned, it's a blip and, when I have my prosthetic, I'll be back on a bike again even though it may take a while.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from any other bikers out there in the forums. If I get enough response, we could have our own discussion group.

In the meantime, I'm off to do me excercises as I have physio tomorrow & I'm gonna get PAM-Aided again!

Keep yer chin up folks!

Lol as you can tell I have no idea what buttons do what ! :unsure:

Hope the recovery is going well Glen and that you have progressed from the pam aid. I used to ride a bike a very very long time ago now but was pillion the night I lost my leg, that would be a man riding the bike and a man driving the car that hit us ... hope that evens the score Stagger :biggrin:

Watched that clip of you Tint.. was everyone else on a harley??? oooppps sorry Glen.

Anyhow hope you are all out enjoying yourselfs.....it is Saturday night after all, I may be old but I do have a memory

Pinot

Yet another biker here! ( We multiply daily )

Glenn you and I are in the same BFA club ( Brake Foot Amputees ). I wasn't into Harley's but I love big bore bikes ( rode a Cow 1200 ). By the way ignore oneblueleg because he rides Honda's. There is a hierachy of of motorbike makers on this forum. Honda's being bottom of the list and everything else coming below Kawasaki's. :biggrin:

Anyway welcome and keep that attitude!

Glenn you and I are in the same BFA club ( Brake Foot Amputees ). I wasn't into Harley's but I love big bore bikes ( rode a Cow 1200 ). By the way ignore oneblueleg because he rides Honda's. There is a hierachy of of motorbike makers on this forum. Honda's being bottom of the list and everything else coming below Kawasaki's. :biggrin:

That's scary, I don't remember saying I was on a Honda? Do you know me or something? I did have a Triumph at the time too.... and I'll have you know my Honda was a classic at the time, people loved it... 400/4 proper fun for a Jap bike...

Keep yer chin up folks!

Keep yer chin up folks!

hi there glenn, i,m in the same boat as you, been there done that, i went the isle of man 2007, and a ride out on the circuit after the races, i got it wrong at the 32 mile marker (windy corner). broke my tib n fib quite bad, which resulted in my leg been taken off right leg below knee, after a bit of hard work i'm up n about again, back to work back on the bikes enjoying it, you will be soon enough, take it easy keep walking you'll be fine.... cheers ttgib(scott)

That's scary, I don't remember saying I was on a Honda? Do you know me or something? I did have a Triumph at the time too.... and I'll have you know my Honda was a classic at the time, people loved it... 400/4 proper fun for a Jap bike...

I shall never reveal my sources....hahahahahaaaaaa ( evil belly laugh! )