Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MARTAN

CROW. WALKING LEGBRACE

Hi all

I would like to know if anyone has used a CROW. BRACE at the same time wearing a ak prothese. Dr say that i must to wear this brace to protect the "good leg" because DSR. problem has a lot of coincidens like diabetes. i am soo worry because is very dificult to walk at same time with ak prothese.

if someone has the same problem please tell me.

i send several pics of my brace.

regards

post-1634-1220122886_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1220122896_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1220122919_thumb.jpg

:smile: I also have a similar leg brace I have drop foot and because I transfer from place to place from my wheelchair I tend to hurt my ankle as I cannot lift my foot off the ground. I am in a wheelchair and I also have diabetes I am a RAK and my remaining leg has neuropathy I cannot feel it from groin down there is a bit of feeling on the back of the leg. As I am not a candidate for the prosthesis program I can only read and perhaps with envy listen to you all as you walk forward. I would listen to your doc and wear the brace even though it is uncomfortable it will help. Joy

Ive got a foot drop splint that fits inside my shoe, it isnt as bulky as that and will bend a bit so its not the same but i manage ok with it. The main problems i find are that its harder to roll over your foot and its harder to feel where your foot is especially on uneven ground which makes tripping a bit more likley. With a bit of practice you will find a way around it that works for you.