Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Eldar

Hello from Poland

Hello to all of you guys. I've been a lurker to this forum for a couple of days but couldn't stand any more and desided to join in. To be frankly honest I feel a bit awkward in front all of you because I am a bit shy by nature. But anyway this is my story :

My name is Eldar and I am 39 yr old male currently live in Poland . I've been a right AKA since 31 Jan 2008 due to an accident at chicken processing factory where I worked as a sales manager. I don't know what struck me on that faitful day to go down to the shop floor where a forklift truck crushed me agaist the wall. I was only able to jump up in the last instant and saved my life this way.I collapsed to the ground and saw my leg all squashed and messed up. I strat bleeding like hell but fortunately was conscious enough to clamp my jeans belt around my thigh and cinch it tightly . When an ambulance arrived I could only catch snatches of the conversation like" he's not gonna make it , we must call for the helicopter".

Forgive me if I stop at this point as I don't want to bore you with further details. I can only add that I made it finally. :smile:

I've been thinking a lot about what happened to me .. It turns out that we all turn to God and start thinking about sense of this life when such things happen to us. The only conclusion that came to me is that you never know what future has in store for us. It's weird isn't it !

Luckily I've got funds to get a good prosthesis and now I am eagerly waiting for my new C-leg and Axtion foot .

I've got a lot of questions regarding varios prosthetic stuff and I was wondering if could ask any of you about it.

Warm regards

Eldar

P.S. Hopefully, my English is good enough for you to understand.

Hi Eldar,

Welcome to the forum. Your English is great--I thought you were a North American living in Poland until your last line. I have been an amputee almost two years in November. There have been lots of ups and downs, but I am doing very well and am back to most of the things I did before the accident just in a different way. There is lots of wisdom and caring here.

Peace, Beth Marie

Hello to all of you guys. I've been a lurker to this forum for a couple of days but couldn't stand any more and desided to join in. To be frankly honest I feel a bit awkward in front all of you because I am a bit shy by nature. But anyway this is my story :

My name is Eldar and I am 39 yr old male currently live in Poland . I've been a right AKA since 31 Jan 2008 due to an accident at chicken processing factory where I worked as a sales manager. I don't know what struck me on that faitful day to go down to the shop floor where a forklift truck crushed me agaist the wall. I was only able to jump up in the last instant and saved my life this way.I collapsed to the ground and saw my leg all squashed and messed up. I strat bleeding like hell but fortunately was conscious enough to clamp my jeans belt around my thigh and cinch it tightly . When an ambulance arrived I could only catch snatches of the conversation like" he's not gonna make it , we must call for the helicopter".

Forgive me if I stop at this point as I don't want to bore you with further details. I can only add that I made it finally. :smile:

I've been thinking a lot about what happened to me .. It turns out that we all turn to God and start thinking about sense of this life when such things happen to us. The only conclusion that came to me is that you never know what future has in store for us. It's weird isn't it !

Luckily I've got funds to get a good prosthesis and now I am eagerly waiting for my new C-leg and Axtion foot .

I've got a lot of questions regarding varios prosthetic stuff and I was wondering if could ask any of you about it.

Warm regards

Eldar

P.S. Hopefully, my English is good enough for you to understand.

hi Eldar

My God...lump is in my throat after reading this. My heart goes out to you and I wish you the very very best. I love your attitude already. I am not a expert on legs n things, I am going to get my leg tomorrow. I am on public aid system and hope that my leg is as good as anyone elses. I am assuming it is. I Hope that you find some good friends on here to talk to and find peace in everything. Yes it is weird, how things happen. I lost my leg (bka) due to a couple blood clots and PAD. I wish you well, and I will look for your posts to see how you are doing. I am in the United States. Take care and smile always :)

Hi Eldar, you have very good English...Welcome to our group...hope we can help.

:happy: ann

Thank you BethMarie for warm greeting !

This forum is great and I feel kind of warm coming from all of you when you post to each other. I would like to thank to all members of this form regadless of whether they've replied or not to my post. This community is realy friendly. I've been impatently waiting for replies to my post and now I feel I am growing wings.

God bless you

Eldar

Thank u Joy, it gives me great pleasure to be on this forum and I am glad to have a new friends!

Befor the accident I'd been very active fit as a fiddle well-built six feet male.I had thought I was a tough guy and nothing would break me. But I was wrong. It was realy hard at the beginning of my limbless life. I call it beginning as if it happened years ago although I can rather be ranked as relatively fresh amputee given that it happened in Jan. Week or so after the amputation docs took epidural off me and since then I started studying everything that concerns prosthesis fitting process for AK amputees. I think I've already learned something till now but it's all in theory.

Whatever the case now I am completely cleared up both physically and psychologically(at least I think I am). I've also decided to be more active then I had been before the accident

Since May I've been wearing my temporary prosthesis which is simple four bar knee by Streifeneder and Otto Bock dynamic foot. My prosthetist decided I am using a polyurethane total contact suction test socket and not silicone liner like seal-in or sort. After two weeks I started walking I stopped using one crutch and now I am using a cane only. Currently I have a slight limp but can walk pretty smooth on a flat terrain. Next Monday I should get my third test socket and I think that would be my last test socket as my stump doesn't shrrink any more and became quite stable in volume.

I hesitsated a long time what type of prosthesis to choose . I've shortlisted the Rheo and C-leg. The C-leg won. As I am not much of an expert on wearing any carbon fibre feet so far I wanted to ask your opinion about Trias foot. I know the Trias was designed for less active individuals but I've also heard it has proven to be a very smooth and energy responsive foot for younger more active people also. They also say that Axtion is also very good but the Trias has a little more shock absorbsion at heel strike. What about C-walk ?

As I haven't got much experience of using feet (couple of weeks ago I had a chance to walk on the C-leg with Axtion foot but only for one hour) would like to find out from the people that use possibly both Trias and Axtion or may be C-walk which of them they think is the most energy responsive.

Sorry If I my post was tedious and lengthy to you.

Looking forward tyo hearing from you

Regards

Eldar

Thank u Dreamygirl for your support and I wish u all the best. You 're in the US and I am in Poland but we both know what a limbless life is like.

By the way I was to go to the US to Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics but later I abandon this idea n desided to be fittted here in Poland.

Take care youself, everything will be ok if u wanted to be ( I want it very much)

Welcome Eldar. Your English appears to be fine. I don't know much about AK life, but many here will.

Hi, Eldar... welcome to the forum!

welcome.

On turning to G-d, my beliefs diiminished rather than increased, but did feel much more spiritual

welcome.

On turning to G-d, my beliefs diiminished rather than increased, but did feel much more spiritual

Mine too