Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cistin

Hello all

Hey everybody, my name is Mark I'm from Oklahoma and recently had my right leg amputated just above the knee. I was hit by a drunk driver just outside the bar I go sing karaoke, if you can call it singing anyway. Been a little over a month and a half since the accident and just now getting on here to say hi to every one.

Welcome, Mark.

Just leave the Karaoke at the door and we'll all get along fine. :tongue:

Hi and welcome, Mark!

welcome Mark - this is a good place to be...as your questions come up, there will be someone on here to help you out :biggrin:

Hi Mark. It's been awhile since we talked. I haven't forgotten you, but I've been real busy.

I hope you leg fittings are going well. It feels so great to be able to walk again.

Don't ever hesitate to call.

Neal

Welcome Mark,

This is a great forum with lots of very wise and experienced people.

Peace, Beth Marie

Another welcome from the UK

Thank you all for the warm welcome, here just reading through others introduction page has been a big help. So for Neal i actually just went in today to get the first measurements of my leg. He seemed happy with the shape and I am scheduled to go back wednesday for the next round, so it's looking like three possibly four weeks until I get my first new leg. Which I'll try to put a pic on here if I'm able to and definitely on myspace.

He was suggesting the c-leg, and then gave me the price for it which was a little bit of a shock to say the least lol, but my insurance is better than expected with prosthetics so should be covered 80% so I'm thinking about trying it out since i should get a fairly decent settlement from the lawsuit. What ever I end up doing with the leg I can't wait to start learning to walk again. Which based on the timeline I was given today i should have it at least two weeks before my B-day, was wanting a little more time to learn to walk before hand but that doesn't really bother me after being hit by a car I'm happy enough I will be seeing my 31st b-day.

After reading some of the post in the "Prosthetics and Related" thread I think I'll be pretty happy with it if i decide to try it. I'm going to post in that thread to see what others with it think before I do make a final decision though. Thanks again all and I look forward to getting to know you on the forums.

Hi Cistin, again from sunny Scotland in the UK.

am new to the forum but nine years amputated.

I remember getting my first leg and the overwelming emotions

that i had with it as i was so delighted.

So just a great big good luck and hope it all goes well.

Jules.

Hey everybody, my name is Mark I'm from Oklahoma and recently had my right leg amputated just above the knee. I was hit by a drunk driver just outside the bar I go sing karaoke, if you can call it singing anyway. Been a little over a month and a half since the accident and just now getting on here to say hi to every one.

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I can relate to the feeling of one day your walking and the next day you arent. My heart goes out to you in you r recovery process. I don't mind if you sing. Sing it loud and sing it PROUD. :) I lost my leg june 2, so I am new too. I am a rbk. I think I could sue the hospital for not finding my problem sooner. It took 4 emergency room visits to finally figure out my problem, and then by then it was too late. I am fighting a couple battles here, but this forum sure helps you find some sense of balance and sanity. Also a wonderful group with a great sense of humor... hehe I wish you luck and look forward to your posts. take care. Oh... my name is Holly, and Im over here in Illinois. *waving west* :biggrin::laugh:

Hey Cat, where on earth have you been....missed your quirky remarks. :wink: ann

Hey Cat, where on earth have you been....missed your quirky remarks. :wink: ann

Busy :biggrin:

Hi Mark and welcome. This is a great place to come as no matter what the problem someone has probably had it before and can offer suggestions. Good luck with the fitting.

Hi Mark.....

I,m not around a computer much these days but as one accident vic top another.............welcome.

ED

yep..........I lost both of them to a loser!!!

Howdy Mark,

A big Oklahoma Hello to you. I am glad to see more amputees from Oklahoma on here. Where in Oklahoma a you?

Hi

I'm new too!!!

Had a RAK amp in January.

Not very computer literate so hope I'm doing this right??!!

Anyone want to say hello?

Hi and welcome, Tracybuz! :biggrin:

Hi! I'm new here too. I'm 22, and I'm from Spain. I had a tumor when I was ten and I had my left leg amputated below knee. I found this forum while searching from an adjustable heel foot that I'm wearing since yesterday, and I think that everything you talk about here is very interesting!

Hi Cistin and welcome to the forum. Sorry I haven't said hello earlier but things have been top level busy for the last 6 weeks. As you have found, this forum is a great place for information and basically there are no strangers..

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on your leg when you get it,(which by now is anytime :blush: ) and answering any questions, which I'm sure will come about..

Welcome...........