Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darren

hi im new here

hi all just a quick question to see if anybody has heard anything or tried the kx06 by endolite as im getting one next month of the nhs

hi all just a quick question to see if anybody has heard anything or tried the kx06 by endolite as im getting one next month of the nhs

Hey Darren,

This link has info on the kx06. I have not heard about anyone who uses it.

http://www.endolite.com/knees_kx06.php

Hey Darren,

Sorry must have missed this post; I have got this knee now, all I can say is it knocks my smart adaptive back to reserve.

I have only had this knee a few months and have gone further faster better & safer than I thought was possible,

My hobbies involve bagging hills /mountains and getting to way out the way places in the middle of nowhere (yes I’m a sad old git who loves hiking). :wub:

This knee has already taken me to places that I wouldn’t have dreamed about getting to on my old leg, in all weathers, a few weeks ago I was up in a remote section of the cheviot hills in snow, ice, strong winds not a problem in this leg in fact I even treated it to a dip in a stream which I had to cross.

Fantastic knee that’s all I can say, I luv it.

There is a person on this site who can give you a lot more info on the knee as he played a major part in getting into the UK market :ph34r: (thanks Ian I know you are to modest to mention it) :ph34r:

One last thing I often hike in Otterburn ranges (army training grounds) and talking to some of the training staff up there it would seem that this knee seems to be very popular with the troops that have lost legs out in Iraq and Afghanistan in fact I believe that two aka”s have returned to active front line service on this knee which is a fantastic achievement, and for me there can be no better recommendation. I hope this helps ……………………..Mick (kx06 fan club)

Hey Darren,

Sorry must have missed this post; I have got this knee now, all I can say is it knocks my smart adaptive back to reserve.

I have only had this knee a few months and have gone further faster better & safer than I thought was possible,

My hobbies involve bagging hills /mountains and getting to way out the way places in the middle of nowhere (yes I’m a sad old git who loves hiking). :wub:

This knee has already taken me to places that I wouldn’t have dreamed about getting to on my old leg, in all weathers, a few weeks ago I was up in a remote section of the cheviot hills in snow, ice, strong winds not a problem in this leg in fact I even treated it to a dip in a stream which I had to cross.

There is a person on this site who can give you a lot more info on the knee as he played a major part in getting into the UK market :ph34r: (thanks Ian I know you are to modest to mention it) :ph34r:

One last thing I often hike in Otterburn ranges (army training grounds) and talking to some of the training staff up there it would seem that this knee seems to be very popular with the troops that have lost legs out in Iraq and Afghanistan in fact I believe that two aka”s have returned to active front line service on this knee which is a fantastic achievement, and for me there can be no better recommendation. I hope this helps ……………………..Mick (kx06 fan club)

well thanku for your reply coll the knee sounds amazing wow carnt wait to get it as currently im on my first nhs belt fitment leg .i look forward now to putting the kx06 to the test thanx uve made my day

Hey Darren,

well thanku for your reply coll the knee sounds amazing wow carnt wait to get it as currently im on my first nhs belt fitment leg .i look forward now to putting the kx06 to the test thanx uve made my day

so can you walk downstairs foot over foot and walk up and down slopes god im noset arnt i ????????

Hey Darren,

so can you walk downstairs foot over foot and walk up and down slopes god im noset arnt i ????????

so is it easy to operate and whats stance mode????????/

Hey Darren,

yes you can walk down stairs foot over foot and yes you can walk up and down slopes but the more you practise the easer it will be.

just to boar you sensless i will post a link to my last hike , take a few minutes to look at the map route then look at the photos you can see the hills that i went up and down that should answer your questions far better than a simple yes i can go up and down hills ..............

link :-http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/michaelno1/the%20dodd/?start=all

hiya mick can i ask what foot you are using with the knee as im thinking of trying the echelon

Hi Darren,

I have the elite foot

Link:-

http://www.endolite.co.uk/products/feet/el...elite_foot.html

……………..take care Mick