Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Kep

New inMotion Magazine

Normally when my inMotion comes in the mail, I'll pick it up, scan through it and toss it in the recycle bin. At times, I've wondered why the ACA bothers to publish it. For me, it often lacked substance.

My Jan/Feb issue arived yesterday. I didn't pick it up until this morning. WOW, what a difference than past issues. It's full of interesting articles and we as a group and some individuals are covered. Maybe the questionare the ACA sent out last year about the magazine gave them some insight.

On page 4, there is a picture containing a couple of our members. Two lovely, smiling ladies that live 3000 miles apart, but whenever you see them at the ACA Confernces, they are joined at the hip.

On page 12, Higgy's picture is displayed along with others in one of the articles. Then on page 35, another pic of Higgy and an article that she wrote. Excellent article, by the way.

Our HM forum also is mentioned in another article about online forums. Possibly, we'll get some new members from that.

If your issue hasn't arrived yet, be on the lookout for it.

Kep, my inMotion came today...I was thrilled to see Higgy's smiling face. She has been the one I leaned on from the moment I got on the forums. Always there when I needed input about a problem. And Yes, the article was very good. I am pleased to call her my friend. :smile:

:blush: (scraping toe in arch from side to side, with hands behind my back while embarrassed)

This is really unfair!!!!!!!!! :unsure: I haven't gotten mine yet, and most likely, won't get it until about next week.. I can't defend myself......... Plus, I wanna see too.......................................

Thank you both for the lovely compliments.......

I didn't receive mine yet either :ohmy: I am at such a loss :sad: Wish that I could see what it is that you are referring to Kep :mad: Guess that I will just have to watch my mail box and wait and see.

Thank you for the heads up. This forum has always had a jump on everything thanks to people like you Kep.

Way to go Tammie ! ! ! :wub::cool:

I haven't gotten mine yet either...grrrrr. The suspense is killing me!

:blush: (scraping toe in arch from side to side, with hands behind my back while embarrassed)

This is really unfair!!!!!!!!! :unsure: I haven't gotten mine yet, and most likely, won't get it until about next week.. I can't defend myself......... Plus, I wanna see too.......................................

Thank you both for the lovely compliments.......

Tammie - HAHAHAHAHA - haven't gotten mine yet,but should soon!!! I know you are going crazy just wanting to see it. I know it is GREAT!!! Congratulations, I don't know what I would do without your input and confidence in me and everyone else you come in contact with. You are the best!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I got mine yesterday. I have to agree with Kerry that it seems to be a better publication than some of the past. I've always enjoyed InMotion, but found that many of the articles didn't apply to me. I like a good personal success story. Good things are going on in Knoxville I guess.

I got my InMotion today. Great article, Tammie. I also had problems letting go and not criticizing when hubby didn't do things MY way WHEN I wanted them done. I also figured out how to make the bed in the wheelchair because it wasn't a priority to the hubby! It's good to know others have gone thru the same thing.

Well done, my friend.

I usually can get my inmotion from the wonderful ppl at my Prosthetic place I visit. She (receptionist) told me anytime, b/c they have plenty. So I will definitely have to go in and see if theirs has arrived yet, so to see that nice pic of Higgy smiling.

It would be nice to see ppl's pics, where we are all sharing our time and thoughts together. I've seen many in the past, but have missed out on many of you, do to my not being present here for quite a long period of time. But I intend to try and be onboard now, as much as possible, without boring to many of you!! :sleep:

Sheila :smile:

I think I'm usually one of the last to receive their inMotions... what do they do, mail in "waves" from east to west?? :rolleyes:

I hope mine will arrive soon... can't wait to see the "new look" and Tammie's article!

I got my InMotion today. Great article, Tammie. I also had problems letting go and not criticizing when hubby didn't do things MY way WHEN I wanted them done. I also figured out how to make the bed in the wheelchair because it wasn't a priority to the hubby! It's good to know others have gone thru the same thing.

Well done, my friend.

:blush: Thanks everyone......

I hate going to bed, in an unmade bed! ! ! ! ! It must be a guy thing.... I had figured out how to straighten mine while I was in the hospital, and I could barely move, I had so many bars, pins, fixators, and broken bones.... :smile:

My issue finally came... excellent article, Tammie! And yes, it does seem that inMotion has gone thru a bit of a renovation for the better!

Finally got my copy of In-Motion January/February 2009 in the mail.

Nice article Tammie. What a great surprise as usual, and I like surprises like that. You really did good! :excl::wub:

:blush:

What am I the only person who hasn't gotten to see it yet? I still haven't gotten my issue...

Thanks cheryl and Johnny.........

Ok gang......... I finally got my InMotion............. and guess what....... there is a flub....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For those of you who know me then you have a good idea of my age....

The first line of the article, states "In 1997 at the age of 20" well, it was 1979 at the age of 20... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway.... me being the person I am, I'll take the embarrassment and admit that I am not 31 years old... I just wanted to set the record straight with all of you......

Higgy, I'm glad the pony express finally made it to your part of the country.

Who at the ACA should we blame for the flub? We'll descend on them at the Confernce like a flock of buzzards.

Hi Higgy,

I finally got my copy of In-Motion just before I left on a trip to a convention in Atlanta--not as great as ACA was last spring :happy: The magazine was really great, but the best part was seeing you and the article you wrote--it was superb--well done!!!!!

I spent the trip from Saskatoon to Denver reading happily.

Peace. Beth Marie

Ok gang......... I finally got my InMotion............. and guess what....... there is a flub....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For those of you who know me then you have a good idea of my age....

The first line of the article, states "In 1997 at the age of 20" well, it was 1979 at the age of 20... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway.... me being the person I am, I'll take the embarrassment and admit that I am not 31 years old... I just wanted to set the record straight with all of you......

I didn't even catch it! Anyway, 31 is good :smile:

Like Kep, I typically just turn through the InMotion quickly (if at all) and then toss it. For reasons I can't explain, I sat down with this issue and actually opened it. Not only that, I opened it up to Higgy's article. My first thought was "Hey, I know that woman from the ACA conference in Minneapolis!!" Too Cool!!

It was nice seeing a face I recognized and a great article to read. I never noticed the error with the year.

Amy

Hello Stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time since we heard anything out of you.... How have you been Amy?

Hope all is well in the cold, snowy, Minnesota....... As for me, I'm tired of the snow....

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the article....

Amy...... can you imagine how it was for me to open the magazine after hearing so much about it!!

It took until the next day to realize...... HEY... I WROTE THAT!!!!! (up to that point, I wasn't thinking beyond the error part of it I guess) I never would of thought that I would have an article published anywhere, let alone be writing one...... The little known fact for all of you is...... I was shocked when the editor of InMotion asked me to write an article...They had remembered a conversation we had at the conference..

It's still sort of hard to believe.. And they edited very little in it.. Maybe a turn of a phrase or two, that was about it.....

:smile:

Hiya Amy!!!!!! :biggrin:

Finally made Mel finish her copy of the magazine and got it yetserday.

Great work Tammie :biggrin:

Hello Higgy and Cat!

Sorry for the delay. I swear I was subscribed to this topic but never received any email notices. Hmmmm.

I've been doing fairly well, thank you. At home recovering from another surgery. I've had advanced degenerative arthritis in both of my hands and so had my other hand worked on. I'm pretty excited about reclaiming the activities I love but slowed (if not stopped altogether) when my hands became so bad. In addition, I've been promoted at work and so do not spend nearly as many hours on a microscope and using a mouse as I used to so that's helped out my hands (including my carpal tunnel) immensely. However, I do spend most of the day on the computer (even if not mousing like I used to) and so the last thing I want to do when I leave work is to get on a computer so typically my personal email and such gets left. Which is why I've been MIA to nearly everyone. I'm developing a healthier work/life balance so that I will have the filled social calendar I once enjoyed.

I'm glad to have the medical leave to actually spend some time on this site again. Anyway, enough about me.

That would be pretty awesome to have someone ask you to write an article about yourself for the magazine. Very cool! And then to see it in print. :biggrin: SWEET!

Cat, what have you been up to lately?

Amy