Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bexyna

Support Group North East England

Hey everyone,

I am wondering what people think about a support group set up in the North East England (Gateshead Area) for any amputees who could get there. I have the ability to set something up maybe once a month and was just wondering whether people would find it helpful for there to be one. I think it would be good but obviously I don't want to set something up if no one wants to come.

love bex x

Hey everyone,

I am wondering what people think about a support group set up in the North East England (Gateshead Area) for any amputees who could get there. I have the ability to set something up maybe once a month and was just wondering whether people would find it helpful for there to be one. I think it would be good but obviously I don't want to set something up if no one wants to come.

love bex x

Hi Bex,

I would have loved to have something like this in my early amp days; I had so many questions, and no one to answer them. (Didn’t know about sites like this).

Now days I just get on with it.

However if something was set up and I wasn’t at work (I work a funny shift paten) I would turn up.

Just a suggestion to get more numbers have you thought about putting a note up at the freeman limb centre?

Take care Mick

well i know there were a fair few people on here that lived round abouts, so wanted to see whether there would be enough of a call for it. have already discussed with the physios at freeman and they seem to think it would be pretty good. am going to pursue this though coz i think tis something that amputees need. because even once you've been an amputee a while and getting on with it. the support of other people really helps i think.

love bex xx

well i know there were a fair few people on here that lived round abouts, so wanted to see whether there would be enough of a call for it. have already discussed with the physios at freeman and they seem to think it would be pretty good. am going to pursue this though coz i think tis something that amputees need. because even once you've been an amputee a while and getting on with it. the support of other people really helps i think.

love bex xx

Yep I couldn’t agree more, count me in

…………………………………Mick

Hi Bex,

I did try to get people involved in a possible support group, didn't get any real interest.

The staff were not supportive of the idea, I wasn't even allowed to put up a notice! Not even an information on amputee forumn addresses!

Best of luck to you.

I would attend if there were one.

Lynne

Bex the thing with putting up a poster at the limb centre is good but a lot of us dont go to the centre that often i havnt been for well over a year but would be interested in meeting up i live in durham please let me know if you take things further.

craig