Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
~ melody ~

~ hi from canada ~

hi everyone, :smile:

my name is melody

i found this site a few weeks back and have been peeking lots..and apprecitate the informative information.

my husband (monte) was in a work related accident 1st mar 07 and had a traumatic amputation of his rg donminent arm ~ above the elbow. (his arm was caught in a rock crusher conveyor belt) needless to say ~ it's been quite a journey this past ..well..almost 2 years. anniversary date coming up.

he's unable to type on the comp at this time ~ so, i'm doing the typing and we're both needing the support.

since the amputation ~ he's had 2 revision surgeries plus 2 surgeries (due to nueromas) and now we're heading to see the doc again as a lump of fatty tissue has formed at the end of the stump and is causing more pain and making it difficult to use his prosthesis. due to over-compensation he is also having issues with his left hand/elbow now and is limited in what he can do.

if the pain in his left hand continues..the docs are also considering surgery down the road. scary thought.

it's been an emotional roller coaster ride..to say the least and it is difficult at times making the whole adjustment and going through the life changes..wow..there are many!

i'm so happy we've found this site and am looking forward to getting to know each of you.

Wendy & Monte,

Welcome to you both...when an amputation occurs almost everyone needs support. Join right in with your input.

Hi, and welcome to the family.

Ann, I think that's "Melody" and Monte :unsure:

Welcome to the forum you two...... it's nice to have you here..

Adjustment to an amputation doesn't come easy for most any of us.. There are the few who adapt very easily, but, it is common place for all of us to have our ups and downs. Hang in there.......

There are some arm amps on here, just not a lot of them.. however, we will all do the best we can with information or input for anyone...

Let us know, if you have any questions....

Higgy

G'day to both of you :biggrin:

Hi, and welcome to the family.

Ann, I think that's "Melody" and Monte :unsure:

"mmarie"

Lordy, lordy I don't know how I came up with that name....must have been having a "senior" :rolleyes: moment.

Wendy & Monte,

Welcome to you both...when an amputation occurs almost everyone needs support. Join right in with your input.

Sorry 'Melody' must have been having a "BAD" day. Anyway welcome to both of you. :smile:

Hi and welcome, Melody and Monte! As you may have already figured out, "leg" amps tend to outnumber "arm" amps... but we do have a few upper-extremity folks here, and the rest of us will certainly do all we can to answer questions and help you feel welcome.........

Hi Melodie and Monte,

Where are you from. I am also a Canuk living in Saskatchewan. It is great to have two more northerns around. So, a big welcome.

Peace, Beth Marie

Welcome from another canuck in Ontario! Keep strong and the ups and downs will even out!

hi everyone, :smile:

my name is melody

i found this site a few weeks back and have been peeking lots..and apprecitate the informative information.

my husband (monte) was in a work related accident 1st mar 07 and had a traumatic amputation of his rg donminent arm ~ above the elbow. (his arm was caught in a rock crusher conveyor belt) needless to say ~ it's been quite a journey this past ..well..almost 2 years. anniversary date coming up.

he's unable to type on the comp at this time ~ so, i'm doing the typing and we're both needing the support.

since the amputation ~ he's had 2 revision surgeries plus 2 surgeries (due to nueromas) and now we're heading to see the doc again as a lump of fatty tissue has formed at the end of the stump and is causing more pain and making it difficult to use his prosthesis. due to over-compensation he is also having issues with his left hand/elbow now and is limited in what he can do.

if the pain in his left hand continues..the docs are also considering surgery down the road. scary thought.

it's been an emotional roller coaster ride..to say the least and it is difficult at times making the whole adjustment and going through the life changes..wow..there are many!

i'm so happy we've found this site and am looking forward to getting to know each of you.

A little late - just saw your post. there is a program called Dragon Speak which allows you to talk to the computer instead of typing. Might be of use to you. I think it is about $69

JudyH