Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darren

echelon foot

hiya just a quick question has anybody got or used the echelon foot if so whats it like is it any good??????????????

hiya just a quick question has anybody got or used the echelon foot if so whats it like is it any good??????????????

Hi Darren i have been using the Echelon for some time now and find it really great, especially on slopes both up and down. It has a really smooth rollover, and feels like i have my old leg back. I know it sounds odd but the moving of the ankle feels so natural. It was a real WOW moment when i first used the Echelon. I really recommend it , if you get a chance to try it you will love it.

Regards

Saker

Hi Darren i have been using the Echelon for some time now and find it really great, especially on slopes both up and down. It has a really smooth rollover, and feels like i have my old leg back. I know it sounds odd but the moving of the ankle feels so natural. It was a real WOW moment when i first used the Echelon. I really recommend it , if you get a chance to try it you will love it.

Regards

Saker

thanx for ya reply i shall get one ordered and let ya know how i get on

Here is a video showing the foot in action.

I haven't got one, and at £2500 I doubt if I ever will, but it's nice to dream...

http://www.endolite.co.uk/Education_Techni...s/echelon1.html

Allen, London.

thanx 4 the link allen ive already seen that ,wont the nhs let u have one as im getting it plus the endolite kx06 knee

This does look like a great foot, I am desperate to try it out. From what I can see, it will be as good, if not better than the proprio and at half the price, that is good going. This does mean it will be a walking foot though, not for hill walking, etc, which is where this would be really helpful.

One worry is that it is a hydraulic unit, which famously break down, but they have given a 3 year warranty on it, so they must be pretty confident with it. I will try my hardest to get one to try out anyway, and will let you know what I think if I do get one.

This does look like a great foot, I am desperate to try it out. From what I can see, it will be as good, if not better than the proprio and at half the price, that is good going. This does mean it will be a walking foot though, not for hill walking, etc, which is where this would be really helpful.

One worry is that it is a hydraulic unit, which famously break down, but they have given a 3 year warranty on it, so they must be pretty confident with it. I will try my hardest to get one to try out anyway, and will let you know what I think if I do get one.

cool thanks for that