Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
BethMarie

ACA's 2009 19th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

So if you can come to Atlanta. it is a time where you can feel that you are just like everyone else and if someone stares it is because they think you are amazing.

The hotel is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. In 2007 fI lew out the last day of the conference to do a guest apperance on Larry King and they held my bike, trailer and gear for me for 2 days at no charge and even gave me a free nights stay when I returned. So it is first rate

Dan

So true Dan. It is truly a memorable experience, even if you're drinking.

Is this a voice of experience speaking? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We don't do so bad when we invade Jock's & Jills, PF Changs, or Ted's Montana steak house either...

I think, the most amazing things that come of this are the friendships that form.. We may only see each other once a year, or once in a lifetime, but those friendships for all of us are more valuable than gold..at least, I know mine are.

Thank you for deciding to join us Amy. :rolleyes: We all are looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to have you back on the forum! :wub:

Hey there John! Thank you! I'm really looking forward to seeing you all again as well as meeting up with new people. Sounds like it'll be a great time. :biggrin:

I think, the most amazing things that come of this are the friendships that form.. We may only see each other once a year, or once in a lifetime, but those friendships for all of us are more valuable than gold..at least, I know mine are.

This is definitely true for me Tammie. I really miss you guys til we meet again. Too bad geography keeps us so far apart.

So there will be drinking and debauchery in addition to useful information being imparted?

I'm good with that. Color me there.

And remember--it's not a party until the cops come back at least twice. :tongue:

Who us? Drink? Welllll maybe a little.......

As for me, I'm usually on good behavior, but hubby has said that I don't have to worry about this year, especially if a cop is going to be around. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May shock the socks off some of the others though..... :tongue:

We Need to meet.see you in Atlanta btw ther is a 100 mike ice cycle path I have heard about on Antiarctic sounds like fun

So there will be drinking and debauchery in addition to useful information being imparted?

I'm good with that. Color me there.

And remember--it's not a party until the cops come back at least twice. :tongue:

Drink? We don't just drink, we imbibe! It's the best way to end the day. Friendships for life are formed at this evening event. The hotel will even take you to the nearest liquor store to stock up. The drinks in the hotel bar are quite expensive so I bring my own or have Jerry do a liquor run. Others do a beer run and we all share. It was a great time had by all. I hope we don't get run off this year.

I hope we don't get run off this year.

Neal, I thought your contacts had assured us of a place to gather this year ?????

Well I checked with my colleagues and no one needs this time so I can FOR SURE attend this year. I've already got my room reserved so now I just need to scope out airline tickets. There's always the option to drive as well. Hmmmm . . . . I'll have to consider all possibilities.

So 1 of the "No's" in the poll should now be a "Yes"!

Can't wait to see everybody! :biggrin:

So 1 of the "No's" in the poll should now be a "Yes"!

I changed it for you so that your vote now counts as a Yes!

I'm all reserved and confirmed and ticketed for the ACA Conference. Yippee! :biggrin:

However, I am wondering if any of the people who've been there in past years know of any hotels within walking distance (or a quick taxi ride) of the Marriott? I'm looking for something (hopefully) half the price of the Marriott. :blink:

I've got sooooo many trips planned for this summer that I'm trying to save where ever I can.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Amy

You could try sharing a room with someone else. It is kind of isolated unless you have a car. The nearest hotel would be about 1/2 mile away. Besides, I've had to stay at an alternate hotel before and lost the cammeraderie of the gang. The ACA has an area where you can sign up for room sharing.

The Renaissance Waverly is located near Interstates 485 and 75. I believe there are a lot of hotel choices in that area.

It will be good to see you again.

Neal

Thanks for the suggestion Neal.

However, unless she is a friend of mine and I know up front that she doesn't SNORE, I'm leery of sharing a room with a complete stranger. There are some odd women out there. :wacko: Do you recall the hotel 1/2 mile away? Being in Atlanta, I'm assuming there are plenty of taxis.

I understand what you mean about lost camaraderie. That's how I felt in Minneapolis when I had to keep taking off.

The Renaissance Waverly is located near Interstates 485 and 75.

That should be I 285 and 75

Amy, if you go to Google maps and paste in the address of the Waverly (see below), then do a nearby search for hotels / motels, you will find a long, long list of alternatives. Taking a quick look at the list of those closest, you're not going to do much better on the rate unless you go a few miles up the road. I suspect that by the time you pay cab fare, you won't be much better off.

2450 Galleria Parkway

Atlanta, Georgia

Amy, if you go to Google maps and paste in the address of the Waverly (see below), then do a nearby search for hotels / motels, you will find a long, long list of alternatives. Taking a quick look at the list of those closest, you're not going to do much better on the rate unless you go a few miles up the road. I suspect that by the time you pay cab fare, you won't be much better off.

2450 Galleria Parkway

Atlanta, Georgia

OOps. Sorry for that. There's no telling where you would be staying if you listened to me. LOL

Listen to Kerry. He lives there.

Thank You Kerry and Neal.

Yes, I thought about taxi rates, etc. I know in Vegas it is still cheaper to stay off the strip and taxi. I'll have to whip out my caculator and figure it all out.

Thanks again,

Amy

2450 Galleria Parkway

Atlanta, Georgia

OOps. Sorry for that. There's no telling where you would be staying if you listened to me. LOL

Listen to Kerry. He lives there.

Amy, I did the "room-mate" thing the year I went to Atlanta... I worked out roomie arrangements with a couple of forum members in advance, so I had some idea of "who/what to expect." It worked out fine. We were so busy at the conference that we really didn't spend much time in the room, and I was so tired by night-time that I never noticed if anyone snored!

Just a thought.... :biggrin:

LOL :laugh: Thanks Cheryl for your input. Good point about not noticing if there was any snoring.

Amy, I did the "room-mate" thing the year I went to Atlanta... I worked out roomie arrangements with a couple of forum members in advance, so I had some idea of "who/what to expect." It worked out fine. We were so busy at the conference that we really didn't spend much time in the room, and I was so tired by night-time that I never noticed if anyone snored!

Just a thought.... :biggrin:

LOL! You are too funny! :laugh: However, in all seriousness, I used to snore myself. Something awful. Because I felt so badly about how negatively I affected my love-one's sleep (which leads to human error in every workforce; and being in the health-care industry myself can have extremely negative results leading to "harm to the patient", lawsuits, etc). I (of course) had myself surgically repaired so that now I no longer snore. I sleep better myself. I do not have to worry about impairing someone else’s ability to do their work well, etc. (side note: I have been told that if I do happen to pass out drunk, there may be a moment or two of snoring but it's more 'girly' and short-lived). Anyway, if I am willing to do the courtesy to 'fix' myself for the benefit of mankind, then I am a bit more impatient with people who are of the more selfish persona. Granted, people like my son (who have severe sleep apnea) are warned that the surgery has a higher fail rate, my son was absolutely successful. I would rather go through the surgery and have it fail than not to attempt anything at all.

Snoring room mates...nothing that can't be cured with a pillow over the face. :tongue:

Snoring room mates...nothing that can't be cured with a pillow over the face. :tongue:

Or, get the right room mate, you may not need/want to sleep!