Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
BethMarie

ACA's 2009 19th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Or, get the right room mate, you may not need/want to sleep!

Very true OBL . . . very true . . . :cool:

Soooooooooooooo...........it's the end of April. How's about a list of who's who as of this date. Also, for myself and perhaps others..............is there a meeting place for members of this board?

ED

Soooooooooooooo...........it's the end of April. How's about a list of who's who as of this date. Also, for myself and perhaps others..............is there a meeting place for members of this board?

ED

I can tell tha that you are looking forward to the conference Eddie, as is the case for all of us.

I will work on a meeting place.

List of individuals who indicated that they are attending the ACA Conference to date:

JohnnyV

BethMarie

Higgy

Kep

Neal

fivestringcooper

eddie103

AmySkyDivr

peachgurlieinga

abilitytrek

Stagger Lee

Hi All,

I have not been around much as I have been caught up in my basement renovation project. I was really motivated to get it done. First, because the school was having their end of the year party in my basement and even though I had fun doing I was sick and tired of it--it took me over 5 years; of course I had the accident and amputation in that time too.

Once again I am looking for a roommate for ACA. I have registered, got my free--more or less--plane ticket. Now the hotel/ If some of you remember me from last year--I had the beautiful black Lab, Emma. Well, sadly this year she is not coming as she is 100% blind and I really need to take her on a ten day promotional tour for our College, so I think that will be enough for her. I have a new puppy, but she is far from ready to come. So, it is just me.

Thanks for considering it.

Beth Marie

ACA National Conference
PASSAGES - Learning from the past - Moving toward the future.
ACA 2009 National Conference stars and stick person leaping
2009 Conference at a Glance Program, Special Events Flyer, Upper-Extremity Flyer and Family Sessions Flyer
2009 Amputee Coalition of America National Conference
June 18-21 in Atlanta, Georgia
2009 Conference at a Glance Program Now Available!

Register now for this 4-day one-of-a-kind conference! Join the projected 900 others for new educational sessions and events for people living with upper- and lower-extremity limb loss or limb difference. Click here to view and download the 2009 ACA National Conference at a Glance Program and see what this exciting event has to offer.

» View and download information about Special Events

» View and download the Family Sessions Flyer

» View and download the Upper-Extremity Flyer

» View the 2009 Virtual Exhibit Hall

Register by May 19th And Save $100 On Your Full Conference Registration!
Click here for online registration, or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration form.

Book Your Hotel Room Today
The ACA room block is over 96% full! Space is very limited. Click here to book your room online.

Official Ground Transportation
Roundtrip tickets are $46 from the Atlanta International Airport to the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. Click here to create your reservations with A&M Limo. If you need wheelchair accessible transportation please contact 888/267-5669 ext 8102.

For more information, call toll-free 888/267-5669 ext 8102 or visit the ACA Web site at www.amputee-coalition.org/conference

© Amputee Coalition of America. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and service marks contained herein are property of their respective owners.

Amputee Coalition of America · 900 East Hill Avenue, Suite 205 · Knoxville, Tennessee 37915-2566
Toll-Free: 1-888/AMP-KNOW · TTY: 865/525-4512 · Knoxville: 865/524-8772 · Fax: 865/525-7917
www.amputee-coalition.org

Hi All,

For those of us in north country getting In Motion is slow, but I am SO grateful to get it. Mine just arrived today--yeah. I am off to Atlanta for a conference--I know I won't have any where near the amount of fun I had last May--and the plane ride will give me lots of time. Every heard of going to Atlanta by way of Denver from Saskatoon??? I know many of you don't know where in the world Saskatoon is--but really it is God's country (Canada). Some airlines are strange one has to fly west to go east. Just going to Atlanta makes me excited about the ACA conference in May or June--can't wait.

Peace, Beth Marie

Have fun Beth Marie. I'll miss being your roomie. :sad:

Hugs to your girls.

Susan

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

Can't make it this year. Starting a new job the end of this month. A REAL JOB! YIKES!!! It's been a long time.

I am taking a quick trip "across the pond" to visit a friend in Devon and meet up with my son in London for a few days next week, since if this job works out, who knows when I'll have free time.

Hope I'll acclimate to the job and to people telling me what to do, and being on time and getting up early! lol!!

I'LL MISS YOU ALL!!!

(and Cheryl and Beth Marie - I don't think I snore, but I don't know) You were great roomates, though. Plus the price was right, lol!

Best,

Susan

Sorry you won't be there Susan. I know you'll have a great time in Europe though.

At least we had some time in DC. Maybe we'll see you in 2010.

Neal

We should be there. I'll be the one chasing after the adorable little girl with the beautiful butterfly leg :) who is busy collecting as many little ducks as possible. As she is definately NOT a morning person, promising her a new duck from the exhibit hall was how I finally got her out of bed each morning last year.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

Can't make it this year. Starting a new job the end of this month. A REAL JOB! YIKES!!! It's been a long time.

I am taking a quick trip "across the pond" to visit a friend in Devon and meet up with my son in London for a few days next week, since if this job works out, who knows when I'll have free time.

Hope I'll acclimate to the job and to people telling me what to do, and being on time and getting up early! lol!!

I'LL MISS YOU ALL!!!

(and Cheryl and Beth Marie - I don't think I snore, but I don't know) You were great roomates, though. Plus the price was right, lol!

Best,

Susan

I know that we have not seen the last of you Susan. Enjoy your trip and best wishes with the new job! :smile:

Hi Susan,

I am so sorry you will not be at ACA, but a new job--that is great. What kind of job is it? I truly will miss you this year.

Beth Marie and Emma

ACA National Conference

Last Week to Save on Registration for the 2009 Amputee Coalition of America National Conference!

Register today and save $100 on your 2009 Full Conference Registration! The Early Bird deadline is May 19. You may register online or by fax for the 2009 ACA National Conference. Click here for online registration, or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration form.

Don’t Miss This One-of-a-Kind Event!

The 2009 ACA National Conference will be held June 18-21 in Atlanta, Georgia. This year's event will be bigger than ever with education for all levels of amputation and special tracks for people living with upper extremity limb loss and parenting children with limb loss. Your full conference registration includes access to all educational sessions, exhibits and special events. Click here to view ACA's Conference at a Glance and plan what sessions, events and exhibits are in store for you at the 2009 National Conference!

Click here for information about:

• Hotel accommodations at the Renaissance Waverly (deadline for discounted room rates ends May 19th!
  • Ground transportation from the airport
  • Scooter and wheelchair rental
  • Discussion forum to share a room or ride.
For more information, call toll-free 888/267-5669 ext 8102 or visit the ACA Web site at www.amputee-coalition.org/conference

All trademarks and service marks contained herein are property of their respective owners.

Amputee Coalition of America never sells customer information, including e-mail addresses, to third parties. 

Amputee Coalition of America · 900 East Hill Avenue, Suite 205 · Knoxville, Tennessee 37915-2566
Toll-Free: 1-888/AMP-KNOW · TTY: 865/525-4512 · Knoxville: 865/524-8772 · Fax: 865/525-7917

ACA National Conference

2009 AMPUTEE COALITION OF AMERICA NATIONAL CONFERENCE DISCOUNT EXTENDED!

We have heard from many of you, and we've decided to extend the early-bird deadline to allow more time for individuals receiving Social Security and disability income to receive their 2009 Economic Stimulus payments. The Amputee Coalition has extended its early-bird discount to June 5. We hope the extension will enable more of you to take advantage of the savings and participate in this amazing event.

You must register online by Midnight, June 5 to save $100 on your full conference registration. All registrations sent by mail or fax must be time stamped/postmarked June 5 to receive this discount.

You may register at the regular rate ($350 members/$450 non-members) through June 14th or at the conference registration booth, which opens Wednesday, June 17 at 4pm in the Garden Court area of the hotel. Online registration will close at midnight on June 14.

Take advantage of this extension TODAY, click here to register online for the 2009 ACA National Conference June 18-21 in Atlanta, GA or call 888/267-5669 to request a registration form.

This year's event will be bigger than ever with special sessions for all levels of amputation, including special tracks for upper-extremity and parenting young amputees, plus many new sessions for all amputee levels. Click here to view and download the 2009 Conference at a Glance.

A&M Limo is the official ground transportation company of the 2009 ACA National Conference. Roundtrip tickets are $46.You must book your reservations in advance and reference the ACA to receive the reduced rate. Click here for more transportation information. If you need wheelchair accessible transportation, please contact 888/267-5669 ext 8102.

Amputee Coalition of America never sells customer information, including e-mail addresses, to third parties. 

Got my tickets in the mail on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone in a couple of weeks.

By the way, it was 90 here yesterday. Be prepared for heat and humidity.

You could try sharing a room with someone else. It is kind of isolated unless you have a car. The nearest hotel would be about 1/2 mile away. Besides, I've had to stay at an alternate hotel before and lost the cammeraderie of the gang. The ACA has an area where you can sign up for room sharing.

The Renaissance Waverly is located near Interstates 485 and 75. I believe there are a lot of hotel choices in that area.

It will be good to see you again.

Neal

Hi Everyone!

If anyone could give me some info on the ACA conference I would appreciate it? I wouldn't be able to go this year but

maybe next year. Is it always at the same place ir does it change?

Thanks!

You could try sharing a room with someone else. It is kind of isolated unless you have a car. The nearest hotel would be about 1/2 mile away. Besides, I've had to stay at an alternate hotel before and lost the cammeraderie of the gang. The ACA has an area where you can sign up for room sharing.

The Renaissance Waverly is located near Interstates 485 and 75. I believe there are a lot of hotel choices in that area.

It will be good to see you again.

Neal

Hi Everyone!

If anyone could give me some info on the ACA conference I would appreciate it? I wouldn't be able to go this year but

maybe next year. Is it always at the same place ir does it change?

Thanks!

Oh I just saw some info that JohnnyV put up. Thanks!

Well, it's that time again.....

We are now about 2 weeks away from the ACA Conference, and Johnny asked me to get a final (as good as can be) roll call on who is coming... We're trying to see how big and area we would need if we were to all get together, and when we all think the best time is to take the annual forum picture of the people who are there.... How about after opening ceremonies? That way, it is done, and don't have to worry about doing it some other time... Will those of you who are attending be there for opening ceremonies? What are your thoughts on this

Roll Call: Those attending the 2009 ACA Conference in Atlanta GA....

Johnny V

Higgy

Jon (Higgy's Spouse)

Neal

Thank you Tammie,

I guess it is final roll call time already. We will be in Atlanta soon. Who else will be? This is who I had last post I collected names, but I hear that fivestringcooper can't make it this year. I hope that I'm wrong. FINAL ROLL CALL :laugh: Who is still in???? :unsure:

ED

I can tell tha that you are looking forward to the conference Eddie, as is the case for all of us.

I will work on a meeting place.

List of individuals who indicated that they are attending the ACA Conference to date:

JohnnyV

BethMarie

Higgy

Kep

Neal

fivestringcooper

eddie103

AmySkyDivr

peachgurlieinga

abilitytrek

Stagger Lee

Roll Call: Those attending the 2009 ACA Conference in Atlanta GA....

Johnny V

Higgy

Jon (Higgy's Spouse)

Neal

Count me! Count me! :laugh: I'm still planning on being there.

Amy

I wish I could, I wish I could! There is so much I could learn there and I would get to meet all of you, but...nephew is getting married that weekend here in Illinois and I am waiting to hear back from OWW to see when I will either meet with them in Ohio or do a conference call with their engineers. You guys are going to have a great time and I will be jealous, but most of all I am sad that I am missing out on things that I could really learn from... Next year you will have to put up with me :)) Wherever it is..I'll be there!

Scroll up 5 or 6 posts. :cool:

I think that somebody feels left out Tammie :ohmy:

Scroll up 5 or 6 posts. :cool:

I think that somebody feels left out Tammie :ohmy:

It's just that some people aren't paying attention. :laugh:

Just because I was born and raised down here, don't think you can just shun me. :tongue:

I also undestood that all cameras were banned this year..... :unsure:

I also undestood that all cameras were banned this year..... :unsure:

Negative on that Bub! Only yesterday my new camera arrived at my door. It will be attending the meeting with me. :cool: And I DO accept bribes!