Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
BethMarie

ACA's 2009 19th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Fantastic! Now I hope you two hadn't been tippling... it's not good to "drink and slide." :rolleyes:

Nope, we had actually just come out of a behind the scenes of the ACA seminar.....

We had promised Cat, three years ago, that we would do this...however, sadly, we had to do this without Marcia as she hadn't been back....

One thing about this........ if you listen closely, you will hear a little child in the background laughing. He was really enjoying it.. I just wonder how many times Dad had a problem with him trying to do that after we did.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Amy is on a suba dive trip right now and may not have her lap top with her... Give her until about Sunday before expecting her to answer....She is the one who got nicknamed "the Charmin Lady"..

But, she should have most of the information for you...

It's a good thing we waited til the last day to do this or we might have been thrown out of the hotel. I'll bet a lot of kids would have tried it had they seen us.

Oh...Tammie and Neal......this is a classic!!! :tongue:

I think it should be on the cover for the 2010 Conference wherever that might be!!! hahaha

Hilarious!!!!! and....I can think of all kinds of captions to go under the picture :biggrin:

It's a good thing we waited til the last day to do this or we might have been thrown out of the hotel. I'll bet a lot of kids would have tried it had they seen us.

glad my daughter missed this, she would have definately tried to join you! She was the one that slipped into the elevator (by accident) by herself.... many of you may have heard her screaming as the elevator went down floors. She stuck close to be after that around the elevators :) We had a great time and she cried when we left Sunday, but I think I finally convinced her that everyone else was leaving too.

Oh no, it should be on the next cover of inMotion....don't ya' think? That would have been a riot to see. Oh, Higgy you do amaze me...looks like you are truly a fun lovin' gal. :rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::blink::wacko::ph34r::rolleyes:

Do you know, this was a 5 star hotel and Neal and I had to clean that banister before sliding down it!! Never would of thought we'd need to do that...

By the way.... I wanted to let anyone in the Lenox, MA area know that a new Therapeutic Horsemanship Center is opening on Thursday.. I happen to meet and spend the day with the owner, Jody O'Connell....She is specializing in amputees and limb difference people who want to learn to ride or need a few pointers. She is planning on keeping each class small, so that each person gets plenty of attention and instruction.She will even do private lessons if requested...She isn't as young as she looks, but she is an awesome, funny, caring, knowledgable person..Here is her website...

www.destinysride.com

Go and check it out.....

Oh no, it should be on the next cover of inMotion....don't ya' think? That would have been a riot to see. Oh, Higgy you do amaze me...looks like you are truly a fun lovin' gal. :rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::blink::wacko::ph34r::rolleyes:

I don't think they even knew we done it.......

I don't recall seeing a picture of StaggerLee...wasn't he supposed to be there???? or did our friend have a friend w/him :rolleyes: And besides I wanted Amy & StaggerLee to meet.

Sorry all... I could not make it. Bad timing and a degree of pettiness on the part of my job, as they decided that after three years of ignoring my demands to be returned to work that they would start my retraining this past week and nix any plans for time off.

So this is me, hating my job but still stuck here for now.

I'm glad that you all had fun--I want more details--and I WILL be seeing Amy in a little more than a month...if she doesn't decide to just stay in Cozumel, where she's at right now. (Hmmmm..... Minnesota or Cozumel... Tough choice there.)

Oh--and had you slid down the banister at the Lincoln Memorial, you'd have gotten my stock "This is a memorial, not an amusement park" lecture. And I'd have probably locked Higgy up, just because. :tongue:

By the way.... I wanted to let anyone in the Lenox, MA area know that a new Therapeutic Horsemanship Center is opening on Thursday.. I happen to meet and spend the day with the owner, Jody O'Connell....She is specializing in amputees and limb difference people who want to learn to ride or need a few pointers. She is planning on keeping each class small, so that each person gets plenty of attention and instruction.She will even do private lessons if requested...She isn't as young as she looks, but she is an awesome, funny, caring, knowledgable person..Here is her website...

http://www.destinysride.com

Go and check it out.....

Thant's close to me. I'm in!

hey all !! i had a fantastic time in the atl with everyone !! i hated to see sunday come.. it goes by too quick!!

ive met so many new friends this past week.. i forget whos where.. but ill be in minneapolis july 16-20.. san diego august 6-12.. and i fly into moline august 15-18.. if anyone is round there let me know!!

~ ash

Glad to see everyone made it home safe and sound! Although I didn't have lots of time to "play" this year (working girl, LOL!), I did manage to find a few of you (Tammie, Jon, Kep,and Neal) in the unofficial outdoor pub one night, and got to meet Terri (a really fun lady who fits right in with the HM gang!). In fact, I ran into Kep quite often - that guy really gets around! :smile: And Johnny V was tearing up the dance floor as usual!

I LOVE the banister slide photo!!!!!!!! You two ROCK! LOL!!!!!!! They did you proud, Cat!

xo Karen

In fact, I ran into Kep quite often - that guy really gets around! :smile:

I swear yall, I wasn't stalking her.

I don't recall seeing a picture of StaggerLee...wasn't he supposed to be there???? or did our friend have a friend w/him :rolleyes: And besides I wanted Amy & StaggerLee to meet.

Sorry all... I could not make it. Bad timing and a degree of pettiness on the part of my job, as they decided that after three years of ignoring my demands to be returned to work that they would start my retraining this past week and nix any plans for time off.

I'm glad that you all had fun--I want more details--and I WILL be seeing Amy in a little more than a month...if she doesn't decide to just stay in Cozumel, where she's at right now. (Hmmmm..... Minnesota or Cozumel... Tough choice there.)

Oh--and had you slid down the banister at the Lincoln Memorial, you'd have gotten my stock "This is a memorial, not an amusement park" lecture. And I'd have probably locked Higgy up, just because. :tongue:

Stagger - I would pay admission to see you arrest Higgy :biggrin: She would be madddd :laugh: Glad you will get to see Amy IF she comes back from Cozumel...might be a tough choice...

In fact, I ran into Kep quite often - that guy really gets around! :smile:

I swear yall, I wasn't stalking her.

Yeah right.

It would have been tough sliding down the bannister at Lincoln when I don't remember seeing a handrail. Hence, I used to the elevator.

It would have been hilarious to see Tammie being dragged off to lock-up. I can just see that little shortstack flailing her arms and leg in protest. For those who have never met her, she's a fiesty little gal.

]

It would have been tough sliding down the bannister at Lincoln when I don't remember seeing a handrail. Hence, I used to the elevator.

It would have been hilarious to see Tammie being dragged off to lock-up. I can just see that little shortstack flailing her arms and leg in protest. For those who have never met her, she's a fiesty little gal.

Ok guys, first, Neal, I agree.. I don't remember a banister at the Lincoln Memorial either..... hence.. the elevator...I started to do all those steps, didn't see a rail or banister and chose the elevator...bouncing down them after a lonnnggggg day on Capitol hill didn't sound fun.... :laugh:

Second, Stag, the hotel is NOT a national memorial....... and as all busted people say, I know my rights!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your cop voice doesn't intimidate me, you tried to get me a jaywalking ticket in DC, remember? Plus.......... and this is the big one.......I have influence with Amy!!!

I imagine she is coming back...after the heat in Atlanta, Minnesota sounds good... I hope the diving for her is going good with the Pacific tropical storm...

Neal, have you ever seen me flail? I have more dignity than that.... Did you hear that little boy laughing in the video clip?

Higgy,

I seem to remember in tn the slide for life {Neal} got pushed off. :rolleyes: I am sure there was not one person who had more fun @ the convention than the group from this forum. Does anyone know where next years' will be ?

Hey Higgy,

I love the sliding down the marble. and yes you could have slide down at the lincoln memorial, but I believe we were too tired after all that walking that day. And as far as Stagger arresting you, he would have had a fight on his hands if he tried that around me. Neal and I could have tackled him and stole his leg away from him. I would like to see him arrest you while hopping on one foot. Jerry

P.S. i'm glad everyone had a blast in Atlanta. Did anyone make up some of those Captain Onassis Drinks????

Jerry.............. He has a badge, and gun.............. who's tackling who? It would of been a nice gentlemanly gesture though..... thanks........I would of loved to see Stagger hopping on one leg to chase all of us.......

Nope, didn't see any Captain Onassis drinks... I was drinking margarita's, Neal, burbon and coke, and I never knew what Amy was gonna pull out of her purse... :laugh: :laugh:

Ann,

Neal didn't get shoved off.....what we needed was 3 days of rubbing that bannister with wax paper....

or some wax on it....... :laugh::laugh::laugh: We were sliding on paper towels so it was sort of a slide, stop, slide, stop, thing.... either way, it was a hoot..... and a memorable one at that..

Right Partner? :smile:

Higgy,

Too bad you guys didn't have some wax with you...you both would have come down that banister like a jet... :rolleyes: Loved the picture :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jerry.............. He has a badge, and gun.............. who's tackling who? It would of been a nice gentlemanly gesture though..... thanks........I would of loved to see Stagger hopping on one leg to chase all of us.......

Nope, didn't see any Captain Onassis drinks... I was drinking margarita's, Neal, burbon and coke, and I never knew what Amy was gonna pull out of her purse... :laugh: :laugh:

Ann,

Neal didn't get shoved off.....what we needed was 3 days of rubbing that bannister with wax paper....

or some wax on it....... :laugh::laugh::laugh: We were sliding on paper towels so it was sort of a slide, stop, slide, stop, thing.... either way, it was a hoot..... and a memorable one at that..

Right Partner? :smile:

You got that right!!!!!!!!!! Leave it to the "old" farts to make up the fun. :rolleyes:

I really was shoved off. :biggrin:

I've never seen you flail, but that would have been the fun. :tongue:

Add another thing to the list of what to take to an ACA conference, wax paper or pledge.

Hey Higgy,

I love the sliding down the marble. and yes you could have slide down at the lincoln memorial, but I believe we were too tired after all that walking that day. And as far as Stagger arresting you, he would have had a fight on his hands if he tried that around me. Neal and I could have tackled him and stole his leg away from him. I would like to see him arrest you while hopping on one foot. Jerry

P.S. i'm glad everyone had a blast in Atlanta. Did anyone make up some of those Captain Onassis Drinks????

No Onassis around, but you'd have been proud of me Jerry. I polished off a whole pint of JD. Most of it was to dull the pain in my shoulder and neck, but I did it none the less.

PS. JD didn't work at dulling pain.

I can honestly say, I don't ever remember flailing in my life.....that would be hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I did not shove you..... :angry: Your just jealous cause I have better balance :tongue:

Maybe we should of swapped the JD out for some moonshine?

Can you imagine if we had known and taken some Pledge to that bannister....woo hoo.......