Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

I was on the motorcycle. Damage to the windshield apparently caused by my helmet. Woman in car was uninjured.

I have no memory of the incident so can't say what happened for sure, only that she caught me broadside.

I was twenty minutes away from the start of my vacation. My bags were packed by my door, just waiting for me to get home, throw them in my jeep, load up my dog, and head off for a week of shooting and scuba diving aboard a chartered boat on Lake Huron.

So go the best laid plans of mice and men.

Uff Duh!!! Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet!!! :ohmy:

Of course; they never seem to get hurt yet can cause so much destruction. Hmph! :angry: My gal received nothing more than a ticket for driving without a license. She was so concerned with herself that the manager of the motel had to tell her to get outside and look at what she'd done to me (and the sign. and the car). Did your woman at least apologize?

Needless to say, I can't STAND seeing people chatting on their cell phones while driving. The sooner they outlaw that, the happier I will be. Who knows what would have happened had cell phones existed back in 1978!

So Stag, did she at least get a ticket of some sort? Were you eventually able to take that trip?

I never heard a damned thing from her, apology or anything else.

Currently I'm suing her insurance company and they are fighting it. My department has been less than helpful. Since there were no witnesses and I don't remember what happened, she was not cited for anything despite accident reconstruction that proved that she was traveling 19mph over the posted limit and that had she been driving the speed limit, she would have been able to stop in time based on where she was when she first applied her brakes. Needless to say, I'm not happy, and if/when I go back to work, I'm probably not going to be the motivated go-getter and team player that I used to be. Frankly, I'm hoping that one of the other jobs that I've been applying for comes through first. Management at my place have been totally unsupportive and non-helpful as of late and to say that I am no longer proud to be a member of that once-fine force is an understatement.

As to the trip, we made it exactly one year later. It was good. Did it again last year. Planning it again this year. August 3rd plus/minus a few days. Wanna come?

As to the trip, we made it exactly one year later. It was good. Did it again last year. Planning it again this year. August 3rd plus/minus a few days. Wanna come?

That's a possibility. Now that my hands are repaired (OK, 1 hand is still healing, but you know what I mean), I plan on reclaiming my cold water diving life. I stopped when it was too painful to gear up myself. This summer, stand back 'cause I'm returning to all of my passions! Yippee! I'll check with the vacation calendar at work to ensure it doesn't overlap with anything else.

Cool Beans! :biggrin:

That really sucks about your work. I hope you find rewarding employment elsewhere.

Amy & StaggerLee.

This sounds like a winner to me!! Go for it. :wink:

Amy & StaggerLee.

This sounds like a winner to me!! Go for it. :wink: