Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

Amputation Off Color Sense of Humor Test

Are you offended by this?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you offended by this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Remove this topic. It's too offensive.

I voted no. What's life without a little humor? If we can't laugh at ourselves life will be WAY too serious!

So what do they say about interpretation?

I don't know Johnny, perhaps you could tell us? :rolleyes:

It was a complete surprise to me too Sue. I had no idea about the origin or authenticity of the news article. I thought that it was a play on words at the expense of people with limb loss. The lesson I learned is that I can't take some things to heart, as it may not mount up to all that I may perceive it to be at the time, as was this case. :ohmy:

I'm so naive I thought it was just the way the author expressed himself not realizing what he was saying :blush:

It was a complete surprise to me too. I had no idea about the origin or authenticity of the news article. I thought that it was a play on words at the expense of people with limb loss. The lesson I learned is that I can't take some things to heart, as it may not mount up to all that I may perceive it to be at the time, as was this case. :ohmy:

To be perfectly honest with you, when I first saw it I thought it was just a another dumb journalist playing with words - that's why I didn't make any direct comment about it straight away. :smile: I became involved in the discussion when I saw people, who were being honest and saying that they didn't feel entirely comfortable with the joke, being critised for ... well, just being honest. After all, humour is a very personal thing ...

And, now we all know (thanks to Neal) the context in which in comment was made, I think that it's simply a case of someone trying to cope with being temporarily, and rather painfully, one handed :sad: ... and also that it's perhaps just the inciest, winciest touch of 'man flu' (present company accepted, of course :smile:)? :rolleyes:

If someone is temporarily unable to use one of their arms, they are 'one armed', for that period of time. That's a matter of fact.

People really need to be less sensitive if they are offended without knowing the facts.

Man flu or otherwise... :tongue: