Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darren

Finding someone as an amputee

Find women? Nope.

But once I find them, it's often a little more difficult than it used to be.

does being a amputee affect u being able to find a woman

Me-thinks that YOU are going to be your own worst enemy!

NO NO NO - silly.......women aren't shallow creatures (most of the time).

:laugh:

Ally, sweetie, I think that's quite a normal question to ask if it's been under a year since your amputation. :smile:

I think we're already discussing this topic at the moment, in a roundabout way, in a couple of other threads, Darren. :smile:

Take a look here and here.

The two links are to one thread started by someone else, where Darren posts a one line response, and the other link takes me to a thread hwere he hasn't posted at all?!?!

Have I missed something? He's not hiding, he's admitting he has a problem as a result of being an amputee (which I think incidentally, will be temporary) and needs some helpful response (which is why he's here).... to be honest you don''t seem to be helping...

Ally, sweetie, I think that's quite a normal question to ask if it's been under a year since your amputation. :smile:

As my post comes up I realise from your post here, that I've taken your first post in COMPLETELY the wrong way... I'm astonished, I should know better... I'm sorry Sue... I'm glad we know each other :ohmy:

No problem, Ian. :smile:

Perhaps I did come across as a bit heartless? I think I should have mentioned that I'd PM'd darren (with a supportive message)? :unsure:

Darren, No don't worry about it at all. And yes we are talking about this on another thread. But to put your mind at ease I used to tell a story to men coming back from Iraq, and sorry ladies if this offends but here goes.

My old girlfriend was asked if it bothered her to be with me and amputee and she looked them in the eye and in her direct manner she said, "Honey, if I am thinking about his leg then he is not getting the job done!"

......she said, "Honey, if I am thinking about his leg then he is not getting the job done!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And Sue, yes I agree, it's perfectly normal to worry about these things in the first year, and the second.....and the third......sigh.....sometimes it's never ending.

I certainly still have my moments.... :blush:

And Sue, yes I agree, it's perfectly normal to worry about these things in the first year, and the second.....and the third......sigh.....sometimes it's never ending.

I think that we all, as amputees, will have our vulnerable moments..even if we are married or not. I know, I still do...I think that is just a basic nature.

I think that we all, as amputees, will have our vulnerable moments..even if we are married or not. I know, I still do...I think that is just a basic nature.

well thankyou for all your replies i guess its just gunna take some getting used to

Ally and Tammie - I totally agree. We all have our moments, year after year. :smile:

well thankyou for all your replies i guess its just gunna take some getting used to

I think, as they say, time is a great healer - just be kind to yourself. :smile:

You never know, in a year or two's time you may well be writing to let us all know that you've met someone fabulous. :biggrin:

Keep yopur pecker up.... :ohmy:

Keep yopur pecker up.... :ohmy:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Darren, I just wanted to say enjoy your life, do what you want to do, and don't try too hard, being happy and having confidence in yourself is sure to attract the ladies.

Not in the least. Sure, there are a few women out there who are not going to date you becuase of your "condition", but would you really want someone so vain anyway?

Quite honestly, even though I'm a bilateral, since my accident I've haven't had the slightest problem attracting women and have now quite happily ended up with a stunning, wonderful girl from Australia (in fact she's a former model).

Plenty of people around here will try to help you feel sorry for yourself. Don't do it -- just live life exactly as you did before. Being strong-willed and confident is what will make you attractive to the ladies.