Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Tracybuz

What do you say?

I have been asked a few times now 'have you got something wrong with your leg' ( I am an above knee) and sometimes I take the time to explain and sometimes....like today....i just said 'yes, i haven't got one!'

What sort of things do you say if asked?

Last time I was asked what was wrong with my leg...I told them I had a wooden leg and a real foot...gotta lotta laughs..

Mike

I answer: "Land Sharks".

That's one of my favorites.

So is: "Never kick an alligator. They don't like it."

I haven't been asked in a long time, but when I'd have one of those days I'd say, "Bad Cramp" smile

and continue on my away. :wink:

Sheila :smile:

LBK-Maine USA

Depends on the where, who and my mood at that very moment. I've said things like:

"Nothing"

"I was hit by a car" <-- leaving out the "30 years ago" part

"30 year old injury" <-- my typical response

Sometimes I'll say it matter of fact. Sometimes it'll be accompanied with an exacerbated sigh. It all depends on that moment.

I also like "Just a flesh wound".

Every now and again I'll get someone who sees my leg and asks: "Iraq of Afghanistan?"

I usually reply with something like "Gettysburg". I used to say "Gallipoli" or "Spion Kop" but it went right on past too many people. Gotta make it obvious satire these days for the historically illiterate.

I usually reply with something like "Gettysburg". I used to say "Gallipoli" or "Spion Kop" but it went right on past too many people. Gotta make it obvious satire these days for the historically illiterate.

LMAO!!!! :laugh:

I had a fight with a C (Not sea) monster (C for cancer), and than I will say, and the best part is, I won!!!! :biggrin:

You're not gonna believe this - yesterday I heard a woman telling another woman "she only has one leg". I turned around and said, "actually, I have 2 legs, but one of them is metal". :blush: It felt GOOD.

You're not gonna believe this - yesterday I heard a woman telling another woman "she only has one leg". I turned around and said, "actually, I have 2 legs, but one of them is metal". :blush: It felt GOOD.

You only have two legs? I have four. :tongue:

I have been asked a few times now 'have you got something wrong with your leg' ( I am an above knee) and sometimes I take the time to explain and sometimes....like today....i just said 'yes, i haven't got one!'

What sort of things do you say if asked?

Depends really on what mood I am in and the tone in which I am asked. But am getting asked a lot at the moment because of the revision. The other day I got asked "What have you been up to" !!!! ( I mean, what kind of question is that?) I really couldn't be bothered to explain so just told him I'd had an op.

Well, actually I have 3. But was only equipped with 2 at the time :tongue:

I don't care how many you have, Marcia. :smile: I think it's a great answer and it shows acceptance of your lot. :cool:

A lot of it depends on who's asking. Little kids seem totally fascinated by it and the kids of some friends of mine always want to see it every time I come over. (This is after their parents finally convinced them that it was not bitten off by the monster under the bed like I'd told them it was.)

Today I was in the gym, working out on the treadmill with my running foot, and a couple came walked up to the front desk, which is on the other side of a window from where I was. They had two little kids--under 5yrs--and they were pressed up against the glass watching me so closely that I felt like Sponge Bob. Their little mouths were hanging open and the one grabbed her mom's coat and pointed at me, at which point the mom snatched both of them away from the window and gave me a pretty sheepish look, as if she was embarrassed. I didn't care. They're kids. Kids are curious and without shame. And if they'd have come in, I'd have stopped to talk to them...and told them that it was bitten off by a monster that lives under the bed. :laugh:

Four? That's all? Heck...... I four left feet!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I usually tell them......Teenager, with a cell phone and a car! :mad::mad::mad:

Four? That's all? Heck...... I four left feet!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have just counted and currently have 8. Although only actually wearing two of them. LOL

Well, One day I was down at the pool and 2 boys about 10-12 years old asked me what happened to my leg? And I told them that last year the swimming pool had a snapping turtle and noboby told me... and he got me while I was swimming... :laugh::laugh:

Then I told them thge truth about the motorcycle accident and I also told them while they are riding their bicycles, to watch out for those cars. Jerry

I have just counted and currently have 8. Although only actually wearing two of them.

Really? :rolleyes:

Btw, how come you've got eight, Ann? Don't they take them off you when they condemn them? :unsure: I wouldn't have room for eight adult sized legs, as my place is very bijou ... I'd have to start making furniture out of them! :blink:

I have just counted and currently have 8. Although only actually wearing two of them.

Btw, how come you've got eight, Ann? Don't they take them off you when they condemn them? :unsure: I wouldn't have room for eight adult sized legs, as my place is very bijou ... I'd have to start making furniture out of them! :blink:

Ha Ha.

Haven't had any actually condemned for years, but prior to revision had so much trouble getting new ones to fit that wasn't prepared to hand old one back until I was sure. But a couple of them go back many many years, they never would fit now, so no idea why I am keeping them.

I did have a de clutter few years ago and took some back. LOL But they have accummulated again. Its got to the point where you open the wardrobe and they fall out, so time for another de clutter again, I think.

I did have a de clutter few years ago and took some back. LOL But they have accummulated again. Its got to the point where you open the wardrobe and they fall out, so time for another de clutter again, I think.

Good grief, Ann, you must have a big wardrobe! :rolleyes:

I only have two pairs of current legs and 3 'baby legs'. The baby legs don't take up much room as they are about a third of the size of the adult ones. :wub:

If I get one more, I'm going to start carting them around in a golf bag. :laugh:

Good grief, Ann, you must have a big wardrobe! :rolleyes:

I only have two pairs of current legs and 3 'baby legs'. The baby legs don't take up much room as they are about a third of the size of the adult ones. :wub:

No don't have a very big wardrobe, thats the problem, legs fall out the doors. LOL