Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Tracybuz

What do you say?

We were standing in line at the grocery store (I wasn't wearing my leg and was using crutches) the couple behind us was staring a me for some time and whispering between themselves. Finally, the lady had enough courage to ask, "Oh you poor thing, how did you lose your leg?" Before I could respond, my friend quipped "IN A POKER GAME!" That poor woman blushed so badly, I felt sorry for her. She never did get a true answer.

This is so danged funny. Thank your friend for his response as it will likely get "re-used"

Makes you wonder if you went in for surgery that they would operate on the correct one!! LMAO :biggrin:

I just had a revision, and the Dr. told me there was some case in Florida that they took the wrong leg, and a week later did the same again to another patient. Now they have to mark your leg with a sharpie, and you have to sign a paper that they marked the correct leg.

I have 5 grand children who have taken my amputation in their stride (excuse the pun : :blush: ) and seem to great delight in telling their friends that Nana's leg was worn out so she got another - mind I did over hear one tell his pal - Nana might only have one leg but she's still got both her hands!!! Not sure what he was meaning by that!! :rolleyes:

I have been asked so many times about what happened to my leg.

My story to all is I was camping and night fishing up at Lake Martin. outside of Alexander City, AL. I tell them that from out of no where came a charging sasquatch and how he attacked me, mangling my leg some thing horrible. So they had to remove it. You would not believe the people who actually are dumb enough these days to believe it.

We were at the equine dentist about 2 weeks ago and the dentist and i had never met. he saw me manuevering around on the ramp of the horse trailer and asked...yep...

"What's wrong with your leg?"

I replied, "It's gone."

He took it extremely well. Of course, then i had to give the quick,short version of the story anyway.

But it was fun. :tongue: