Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
stevie61

What Do You Call Yours?

Hi Guys,

What do you call your artificial leg ? I have just got mine and and I call mine "Larry" as in "Larry the leg". Me and Larry are getting on fine and even often go for a walk together - Am I mad do I need help? I must admit that Larry is also getting the blame for "stuff" - he is very untidy and often loses my keys :smile:

Steve :biggrin:

Hi Guys,

What do you call your artificial leg ? I have just got mine and and I call mine "Larry" as in "Larry the leg". Me and Larry are getting on fine and even often go for a walk together - Am I mad do I need help? I must admit that Larry is also getting the blame for "stuff" - he is very untidy and often loses my keys :smile:

Leg or Prosthesis !!! definitely no names.

What do you call your artificial leg ?

Depending on whether they're doing their job or not, I either call them something very rude :blush: or just 'legs'/'prostheses'. :smile:

There's nothing wrong with calling your leg a name ... I think it's a way of identifying with it? :smile:

What do you call your artificial leg ?

Depending on whether they're doing their job or not, I either call them something very rude :blush: or just 'legs'/'prostheses'. :smile:

There's nothing wrong with calling your leg a name ... I think it's a way of identifying with it? :smile:

Yes, I wasn't sure whether having a name for it was a good idea.......

Steve :smile:

I named mine... mainly because I'm one of those folks who names their car, so people kept asking me what I was going to call the leg.

It's "Lefty."

I call mine "falsie". No reason, it just kind of caught on. Now, my whole fam calls it my "falsie". I think giving your prosthesis a name kind of makes light of something that is difficult to deal with at times. :)

Annie

My expensive leg (helps when people want to know which leg we are talking about)....as in "careful you don't hurt yourself"....and me...."just not the expensive one!"

:tongue:

Hi Guys,

Hi Steve,

No not mad & not in any need of help yet!

I too have named mine “L” leg spoken like “Elle leg” & like yours he gets me in all sorts of trouble :-

Not wiping the foot when coming indoors,

Sticking out trying to trip people,

Making farting noises and trying to blame me.

Taking me up into the hills without telling my better half where I will be.

Fighting with my other micro leg to see who is going to be worn.

Just humour (I think) :tongue:

Pleased that you are getting on alright.

mick

I call it, "My Leg", with affection these days.

Herschel is one of my best friends. He goes everywhere with me. He allows me to do the things I want to do.

On the good days, it's my buddy and on the bad days, it's my pain in the *&*^%%!!!! :blush::laugh:

Sheila :smile:

LBK-Miane, USA

OK so now i gotta name mine. thanks alot people! lol I'm not gonna tell my family though that way they will think im nuts when i start blaming things on him.

now the question is WHAT should i name him? any ideas?

Hi Guys,

ps. tell larry if he dont find your keys he's grounded

OK so now i gotta name mine. thanks alot people! lol I'm not gonna tell my family though that way they will think im nuts when i start blaming things on him.

now the question is WHAT should i name him? any ideas?

Sporty, HD, how about Harley? :laugh:

My leg does not have a name, but I can not go anywhere without it.

I am a trekkie but it isn't a Borg implant.

Ed

Hi Guys,

Steve,

What an interesting thought! I have been laughed at for naming inantimate objects many times - cars, stuffed animals, etc. But it never occurred to me to name my leg - I will have to think about this and get back to you.

JudyH

Most days its just "my leg". On bad days it's "YOU *&%$#%$@#%" :biggrin: