Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
stevie61

Another Step Forward?

Hi Guys,

Three weeks after receiving my leg I managed to do the weekly supermarket shop with my other half without any sticks or crutches.... I was pretty impressed with myself :biggrin: Just needed to share this small step forward with people who understand the issues ..........

Regards

Steve

'stevie61'

And I am most impressed with you also...that's quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!! :smile:

That's awesom Steve.. I remember the early days.. It feels like such a huge accomplishment and it is..

One word of expericenced caution, be wise and don't over do it. I done that once in the beginning, and it set me back 2-3 weeks in my physical therapy. My stump got so swollen, I could barely get my leg on.. It is so easy to just overlook how long we have been upright..

Well done.....

That's great, Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Guys,

Three weeks after receiving my leg I managed to do the weekly supermarket shop with my other half without any sticks or crutches.... I was pretty impressed with myself :biggrin: Just needed to share this small step forward with people who understand the issues ..........

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Now you have gone and done it , if my better half reads this I will be expected to help with the weekly shopping, didn’t anyone tell you this is something that us men shouldn’t do under any circumstances ??. Your poor arty leg will never forgive you!

& I thought that you were getting on ok with your leg?

Fancy subjecting it to that. It’s not designed for shopping. (Weren’t you warned?)

Well done, you have every right to be impressed with yourself, it the little things that show we are getting back to normality (whatever that is). :biggrin:

I suppose my better half will drag me along now (sigh) as I will have no excuses, thanks mate.

……………………….take care Mick

Steve

Hi Steve,

Now you have gone and done it , if my better half reads this I will be expected to help with the weekly shopping, didn’t anyone tell you this is something that us men shouldn’t do under any circumstances ??. Your poor arty leg will never forgive you!

& I thought that you were getting on ok with your leg?

Fancy subjecting it to that. It’s not designed for shopping. (Weren’t you warned?)

Well done, you have every right to be impressed with yourself, it the little things that show we are getting back to normality (whatever that is). :biggrin:

I suppose my better half will drag me along now (sigh) as I will have no excuses, thanks mate.

……………………….take care Mick

Hi Mick,

..actually my line is that its not designed for gardening - my consultant promised me a letter on that subject :biggrin:

Regards

Steve

I trust that you will be sending me a copy of that letter (with name altered to Mick) because with all this shopping that I now have to do (thanks to you) I simply won’t have time for the garden as well.

Many thanks :biggrin: ……………….Mick

Well, despite what Mick has to say on the subject, EXCELLENT progress, Steve! There's nothing like shopping to test your progress! :tongue:

Hi Nick,

That is an amazing feat!! It took me about 2 months before I could do a weeks shopping!! There are great things ahead! :biggrin:

Peace, Beth Marie

Hi Guys,

Regards

Steve

Isn't that a wonderful feeling!

JudyH

Hi Guys,

Regards

Steve

Well done Steve.

Because I was young, when I first had mine I had forgotten all the 'firsts', and due to revision am now revisiting them - so know how you feel, its a good feeling isn't it?

Wow!

I'm not going to say how long it took me :blush: but it was WAY WAY longer.....

Well done!

xx

Wow!

I'm not going to say how long it took me :blush: but it was WAY WAY longer.....

Well done!

xx

Ditto for me!