Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mick

a simple question ?

Sorry for not getting back sooner,

I feel that I have to reply to some comments on here,

It would appear that you can make the internet “prove or disprove “any statement, in this case the pagan religion thing.

As I stated I am not religious so it’s just a name to me but my thoughts on the matter are (just for the record):-

I just think that people get spirituality mixed up with religion and need to label or box things too neatly and hence gravitate to something that is dogmatic in nature

Religion I think is man's attempt to write record and fix spirituality when by its nature it can’t be

When a person looks upon a flower, it isn't long before the mind begins to label, analyze and critique. This flower is red, this flower is beautiful, and the flower smells good, bad, whatever. Then the flower becomes a thing. In this moment the experiencing of the flower is lost. If you can gaze upon a flower with a quiet mind, you may say you can experience that flower, its fragrance, its colour and shape. No labels, no judgement. One cannot know the flower through the mind. The flower simply is. The same might be said for 'nature’ or ‘God perhaps.

Words are limited in this discussion; they are born of the mind. This cannot be expressed, only experienced.

To say anymore is futile. The whole God discussion has been going on for centuries... I'm letting go of opinion or the desire for answers... I want to walk to the top of a mountain, breath in deeply and...

(Whistles idly whilst strolling away)

(Quick note this isn’t meant as an insult to any of you that are religious in fact any of you that find comfort in your faith you have my utmost respect).

It would appear that you can make the internet “prove or disprove “any statement, in this case the pagan religion thing.

As I stated I am not religious so it’s just a name to me but my thoughts on the matter are (just for the record):-

I just think that people get spirituality mixed up with religion and need to label or box things too neatly and hence gravitate to something that is dogmatic in nature

Religion I think is man's attempt to write record and fix spirituality when by its nature it can’t be

When a person looks upon a flower, it isn't long before the mind begins to label, analyze and critique. This flower is red, this flower is beautiful, and the flower smells good, bad, whatever. Then the flower becomes a thing. In this moment the experiencing of the flower is lost. If you can gaze upon a flower with a quiet mind, you may say you can experience that flower, its fragrance, its colour and shape. No labels, no judgement. One cannot know the flower through the mind. The flower simply is. The same might be said for 'nature’ or ‘God perhaps.

Words are limited in this discussion; they are born of the mind. This cannot be expressed, only experienced.

To say anymore is futile. The whole God discussion has been going on for centuries...

Mick,

I couldn't agree with you more, you put it beautifully. :smile:

Lynne

Sorry for not getting back sooner,

I feel that I have to reply to some comments on here,

To say anymore is futile. The whole God discussion has been going on for centuries... I'm letting go of opinion or the desire for answers... I want to walk to the top of a mountain, breath in deeply and...

(Whistles idly whilst strolling away)

(Quick note this isn’t meant as an insult to any of you that are religious in fact any of you that find comfort in your faith you have my utmost respect).

I think we're, dare I say it?, singing from the same hymn sheet, Mick. :smile:

As far as I can see, there's spirituality, there's a higher being and then there's religion. Spirituality, I think, is a gift and involves being at one with your environment ... living and breathing your experiences ... it's instinctive. Then, following on from that, I'm personally so in awe of my surroundings that I put it down to being created by a higher being. And, then there's religion, that involves faith, but is largely man-made ... well, we won't go into that here. :wink: The problem I've found is that too many attach significance to words (as you quite rightly implied :smile:) and many mistake religion for spirituality.

IMHO you sound a very spiritual person, Mick. :cool:

:happy:

Thirteen years ago, when I was in rehab, they asked me if I wanted to take home a wheel chair, just in case. I replied, what for?? It didn't even cross my mind that I'd never walk again. I couldn't wait to get started and haven't stopped since that first step. I knew they could make a leg for me to walk with, so not to, wasn't even an option. If the day ever comes that I would have to, for whatever reason, then I'll deal with it when the time comes. I just couldn't imagine sitting, when I have the option to walk, how selfish that would be of me, when many others don't have that option. So walking is everything, especially good for your health and as long as I can, I'll be walking. Maybe slower, but still walking. :biggrin:

Sheila :smile:

Maine-USA