Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Norman

Choosing a Limb centre in the Midlands

Hello,

havent posted on here for a while.

I currently use Harold Wood - which is great.

but i now live in DN22 Ranby - just south of Doncaster.

I need to transfer centre and before i ask my Dr to do it i would like to see if anyone uses these centres and if they do what they think of them in terms of skills. general atmosphere etc... PM me if you are worried about publicly talking about them.

I am a RBK and was using a Harmony unit before i had revision surgery to correct a few problems. Hopefully i should be able to go back to a more simple Iceross pin system.

any help would be gretfully recieved

thank you

Tony

Hi I have ben asking the same question. if yu have had any replies any chane i can see thm 2

thanks

Hello,

havent posted on here for a while.

I currently use Harold Wood - which is great.

but i now live in DN22 Ranby - just south of Doncaster.

I need to transfer centre and before i ask my Dr to do it i would like to see if anyone uses these centres and if they do what they think of them in terms of skills. general atmosphere etc... PM me if you are worried about publicly talking about them.

I am a RBK and was using a Harmony unit before i had revision surgery to correct a few problems. Hopefully i should be able to go back to a more simple Iceross pin system.

any help would be gretfully recieved

thank you

Tony

Hi - I've been with the Nottingham Limb Ctr for 5 years now and have never had a problem. They've all always been keen to help and have assisted me with the 'odd' special part for my legs!

The only very small critism is that you may have to wait 2-4 weeks between appointments, however this has been whilst waiting for a new fitment or leg.

I can't recommend them enough - good luck!

my limb ctr is leeds seacroft, which is quite a way from you but we do get a lot of people from selby district, at leeds they are a fab lot, very friendly & efficient as well, just my 2 penn'orth for you!!!

cheers maggie