Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ne0nLightZ

Hello :D

Hello, my name is Alex. I'm pretty young, 14, and I've had both of my feet amputated since I was 2, due to birth defects =[

Also, can someone tell me if there is anyway to have my legs not smell as bad/ not sweat as much when they're inside my prosthesis? ^_^

Hello, my name is Alex. I'm pretty young, 14, and I've had both of my feet amputated since I was 2, due to birth defects =[

Also, can someone tell me if there is anyway to have my legs not smell as bad/ not sweat as much when they're inside my prosthesis? ^_^

Welcome, Alex.

I wear and underliner which really helps. I think if I didn't wear the underliner I could por the water out.mmI am sure that someone will have an answer for you.

JudyH

Welcome, Alex.

I wear and underliner which really helps. I think if I didn't wear the underliner I could por the water out.mmI am sure that someone will have an answer for you.

JudyH

Sorry about the spelling - my fingers got away from me.

JudyH

Alex,

I've been wearing a prosthesis for 41 years in April and I've tried everything and to be honest haven't found anything that really works that well. My only issue with using deodorants is that I have sensitive skin and I don't want to get a rash on my leg because then I would be itchy all day. Hope someone can give you some kind of advice that will work for you. For me it's part of the territory. Welcome aboard.

Hi Alex

I give my liner a gently scrub each evening - usually in the shower or bath. I find if I put anything on my skin, it turns into a rash/spots. I have used products from Alps, like sprays etc. May be worth checking out. They have all sorts of skin care etc. Here's the link..

www.easyliner.com/Skincare.aspx

Sue :rolleyes:

Hi Alex

I had my amps for similar reasons to you.

I think it's natural for boys your age to sweat a bit more ... so that's a good thing. :smile: But how to get rid of it? :unsure: You need to (as someone's already said) wash your liners every day ... a citrus shower gel and making sure they're thoroughly dry may help? You could also try wiping the liners with Isopropyl alcohol swabs. Or you could try one of the products that stops you sweating, but you really need to check it's OK with your doctor before you try putting anything strong like that on your legs.

Lizzie :smile:

G'day :biggrin:

Hi

i use a gell liner with a vacuum leg and have had a similiar problem .i use Driclor this can be ait itchy in hot weather but i find it works well and stops my liner from coming away from my skin making the leg loose.

try a small bit first at night to see if you get on with it ok ,but i have found it a godsend