Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevie61

More Steps Forward.........

Hi All,

Just wanted to share with you my small steps forward made during my weekend away in the Peak District. Well I :-

1. Managed to walk across country (up hill and down dale) from Thorpe into Dovedale and back (at least 2 Miles :-))

2. Managed to cover 26 miles in a day in my Trike along the Tissington trail - I made quite an impression with my one leg pedalling and my artificial leg "Larry" being held out of the way in my homemade support....will try to attach a photo.

3. Also managed a visit to the Tram museum at Crich - lots of walking....but an interesting place

Since I got my leg my mobility has increased - the world is not wheelchair friendly :-(

Additionally I have been working away from home, staying in hotels and also visiting aircraft hangers. Hotels are interesting, thought I would ask for an adapted room but in reality I can manage with a standard bath or shower. I do have a bath stool but have yet to use it.

All in all things are going ok, except that my stump is shrinking and so socks have had to be added and also my socket has been re-lined.

Steve (LAKA) :biggrin:

Sounds like you have come a long way. How long have you been an amputee? I am not too far behind you - I hope. I'm just waiting on my right leg to completely heal- hopefully two more weeks and then I will get my prosthetic leg. I know what you mean about the wheelchair being unfriendly.

Sounds like you have come a long way. How long have you been an amputee? I am not too far behind you - I hope. I'm just waiting on my right leg to completely heal- hopefully two more weeks and then I will get my prosthetic leg. I know what you mean about the wheelchair being unfriendly.

hI,

My amputation was in August 08 (RTA) : got my leg in March 09 , delay due issuesith my wound healing...

steve :biggrin:

Good for you Steve. Sounds like you're adapting quite well.

Well done Steve great stuff

Walking in the great outdoors is I believe so much better for you, it seems to me the distance just rolls away when you are out in the fresh air. (IT’S SO MUCH BETTER THAN SHOPPING).

Take care and keep up the good work……………….Mick