Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

The best idea is to use Yahoo, Msn or Skype

They all have the capacity for text, voice and multiple chat.

My suggestion has always been that we get each other on any, or all, of those and leave them open while we do other things.

In my experience people will drop in and drop out and if it's already on then you can catch them easily. It really does work.

If anyone needs help doing this and they really want to send me a message and I'll give what help I can :biggrin:

Chat is also available on facebook but it's fairly primitive and not very reliable sometimes.

Cat, I would like to take your very good suggestion a little bit further.

I just downloaded the latest version of AOL Instant Messenger and it now has a plug-in the hooks into my facebook account so that I can use it to chat on facebook. Give that a try.

Cheers!

Thanks JV I might just do that :biggrin:

I can see that sometimes it might be 'good to talk', but I think that more often it's better to write!

Written answers can be more considered, articulate and (hopefully) corrected before they get posted. And how many times after a 'chat' do you think 'oh, I wish I'd said that' (or just as often, 'I wish I HADN'T said that'). With a written answer you always get a second chance!

Allen, bka, London.

Well, the new forum upgrade DOES include chat, so let's give it a try! :biggrin:

Just to put in my 2 cents. There is a cool voice chat program out there that I have used for years. I was a admin of a room for several years. (admin = ability to kick/ban idiots that don't belong there) It also has video chat feature. It is where I met my hubby at. It's called paltalk. If you all decide on that place, let me know if I can help. And several of us are on face book. I was looking for my post but couldnt find it. If anyone wants to be on friend list, you can message me your email address and I will look for you. :)

Just a reminder...we now DO have a "chat" feature here on the Forum. So far, it's been used only occasionally...perhaps folks just haven't become aware of its existence?? Or perhaps its our ever-problematic "too many time zones" issue again.

Maybe those who are eager to chat could try and come up with a mutually agreeable time to "try things out" here?

Just a reminder...we now DO have a "chat" feature here on the Forum. So far, it's been used only occasionally...perhaps folks just haven't become aware of its existence?? Or perhaps its our ever-problematic "too many time zones" issue again.

Maybe those who are eager to chat could try and come up with a mutually agreeable time to "try things out" here?

Sounds like a plan to me Cherylm... :happy: ...you pick a time & zone & maybe we can try it out real soon.