Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

After three years of fighting them to get them to put me back to work, my job finally started the process--and set up a retraining program that will preclude me from going to the conference this year.

So I'm out. Sorry, folks. Would have been fun.

And now we come to the make-or-break question. I see on the confirmation e-mail that I got that there is a clause that says "No refunds after 5/26/09". Considering that this isn't my fault, and seeing as how ACA has incurred exactly no expenses on my behalf nor rendered me any services whatsoever, I will be speaking with their representatives tomorrow about a refund, as I am not in the position to just up and donate $250.00 to this organization. My hope is that they'll be reasonable and accommodate me, and if they do, they'll have earned my support indefinitely. If any of you here who are ACA reps could help out with this, I'd be seriously grateful.

Stagger Lee- wonderful news for you!!! I love it when good things happen! Surely when they hear the circumstances surrounding why you won't be there and they understand what you do for a living, they won't fight you on a full refund.

Congratulations, you have worked hard and deserve this...

Flip

Sorry you won't be able to make it Stagger. We'll miss you.

Great news on the job. Worth staying for.

Good luck with the ACA. They are usually very easy to work with. I don't know how they'll treat this.

Congratulations Stag!

Sorry about the conference. Good Luck with the ACA! *fingers crossed*

My best guess would be to ask for who ever is in charge of reservations when you call.. Then, just tell them the whole circumstances.. You got hurt in the line of duty.. have fought hard to get back to work.. planned on attending the conference to find out about your rights as an amputee... and then, suddenly got called back to work.. I'm not sure how they will treat this....All you can do is ask..

Good luck, and I'm so sorry that you won't be there... I know Jon was looking forward to meeting you.. Bet that Lag misses you since you went back to work.....

You'll be missed....... :sad: