Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
pegleg07

back on the horse

by horse i meen a harley. I went out and bought myself a 2002 harley davidson sportster. Ive only had a chance to put on 500 miles in a week cause im back to work on the towboats but i will put on many more miles in a week and a half. I will be off work for 21 days. Woohoo!! I will post a pic of my my bike when i get home. it has been a real joy to be riding again! Just hope the morons stay away from me this time.

by horse i meen a harley. I went out and bought myself a 2002 harley davidson sportster. Ive only had a chance to put on 500 miles in a week cause im back to work on the towboats but i will put on many more miles in a week and a half. I will be off work for 21 days. Woohoo!! I will post a pic of my my bike when i get home. it has been a real joy to be riding again! Just hope the morons stay away from me this time.

Pegleg07,

I hope the morons stay away from you also. Be very, very careful. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

cause im back to work on the towboats

Hey there PegLeg,

So are you the guy who pushes those enormous barges I see on the Mississippi? If so, how on earth to you steer those things?! I just tried a simulation last week at the Science Museum (waiting until it was our time to gain entrance to the Titanic display) and crashed horribly. :blush:

Anyway, have fun on your new toy! :biggrin:

Amy

PegLeg - Have fun, but be safe!!! Send pics if you get a chance! Maybe it will stop raining here in Illinois so that you can go out and have fun!

Hi Peg Leg,

Have fun with your motorcycle, but please do be safe. I worked for an Orthopedic doc once and he has a sign in his office that said: "For your son's last birthday give him a motorcycle."

Peace, Beth Marie

Way to go Pegleg!

I am right there with you. I went for my first ride since on Sunday and it was absolutely amazing. Granted it was my buddies bike, since my Gretel ('76 BMW R75/6) isn't quite complete from her restoration.

Hopefully she'll be complete by the end of the month and we'll be on the road with big grins! :biggrin:

What mods did you do?

For me, we are moving the rear brake over to the left pedal and using it as a heel lever, rather than go with a thumb brake.

Keep riding and please post pics. :smile:

Erik

Good deal, I was never happier then when I got back on Harley after my accident. Been riding that harley the last 12 years now. Just came back from a trip down eastern Thailand and into Cambodia down to Shihounoukville. really good riding.

Jeff

i will post pics as soon as i get off this towboat. Only four more days then im off for 21 days. I havent done any mods to the bike. Im gonna put on some forward controls though. I have noticed that im alot more aware than i was before. Not that i wasnt aware to begin with. I have been around motorcycles all my life. I remember as a kid we would push start my fathers old honda and my brother mother father and i would all go for a ride at the same time. Lol