Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

The Oscars!

Being a movie buff, I got up at 3am this morning to watch the academy awards ( I live in Austria - time difference 9 hours from California) and as usual I had a great time watching all the socalled stars parading like peacocks.. I was really glad that Sean Penn got the oscar for the best leading man. I just loved "Mystic River" and PennĀ“s performance was really stunning (I had tried so hard to read the book by Dennis Lehane but got stuck after one third since it just dragged..) I was not too impressed that "Lord of the Rings" got all the oscars it was nominated for, since I am not into fantasy films and had a nice, peaceful nap when watching the first part of the trilogy. Whenever the LOTR-people came on stage (which was exactly 11 times), the scenario reminded me a bit of an excursion of the Weight Watchers, with a bit of "Bum of the Year" thrown in. They must have burnt a lot of calories with their numerous trips to the stage and back...

On the other hand, I was amazed that they were obviously anxious to pair odd couples. The chubbier the man (John Travolta, Alec Baldwin), the thinner the woman. Some looked like they had not had anything to eat in weeks.

Has anyone seen the show? Any comments?

Regards,

Gizmo

I'm not really that bothered with the oscars, but was glad LOTR won the awards it did. One of the best films I've seen in ages. :D