Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pegleg1az

Feed back on Feet

Hello folks.

I am new here and would like some feed back.

I am a RBK with a 5.5" stump with the fibea cut off also... Fitting is fun for most of the Peg shops.

I would like to get some of your feed back on some feet.

I have been using the College Park "trustep" foot for years, I was one of the testers for the new split toe when they extended the toe on one side. I loved it.

Now they have others to chose from and I was looking at the ONYX and Venture. Does anyone have these? Has anyone started with the Trustep and up graded to any of these?

I like the natural gate with the trustep. Is there any other foot out there that you wish you could have now?

Don D.

I used to use the venture and liked it a lot. very light, low profile & responsive. I'm RAK by the way.

I just switched to ottobock c walk & kinda hate it due to it being heavier.

Hello folks.

I am a RBK with a 5.5" stump with the fibea cut off also... Fitting is fun for most of the Peg shops.

I have been using the College Park "trustep" foot for years, I was one of the testers for the new split toe when they extended the toe on one side. I loved it.

Now they have others to chose from and I was looking at the ONYX and Venture. Does anyone have these? Has anyone started with the Trustep and up graded to any of these?

I like the natural gate with the trustep. Is there any other foot out there that you wish you could have now?

Don D.

Hello folks.

Don D.

There are many great NEW feet on the market in the last 3 years but it's hard for any of us to comment on your post without knowing what your activity level is and what you personally require out of a foot. The Venture and Onyx are both well designed feet but they act different and one or the other might be better for your situation.

The Bioquest Perfect Stride II X3 foot is one of the best new feet on the market if you are a very active person, however if you're more a K2 kind of person this foot isn't for you. http://www.bioquestpros.com/index.html

If you walk alot on sidewalks and work in an office building where you are on your feet all day then you might really like Freedom Innovations, Renegade series of feet, the have a very nice walk with a smooth roll over and good energy storing. http://www.freedom-innovations.com/renegade/index.html

The BIGGEST thing you should know is that almost every single foot on the market today comes with a 30 or 60 day trial period from the manufacture saying that you can try and use any foot for said time period and return it at NO COST (to you or your prosthetist) if you do not like it for ANY reason. So the BEST thing you can do is have your prosthetist order up 2-3-4 feet that you are interrested in and TRY TRY TRY them ALL and pick the one that you like best. If for any reason your prosthetist is unwilling to do this than it is time to find a new one.

Well to start off with, I am a verry active person on my feet most all day walking on pavement, Gravel, and uneven rough ground.

I have been a pegleg for 25 or so years and weight in at 200 lb, a lower right BK at 5.5" short without a fifea on the side of the stump.

I climb over horse corals, climb ladders, in trucks. I am looking for a leg that will keep up with me and not were me out at the end of the day.

What is out there now days?

I may even call College park one of these days and twist their ear also.... I know they will say they are the best out there, which they may be. that is why I am putting out feelers from other readers and users..

I think we all learn from each other, not from a sales pitch of a salesperson

If you want the no BS, no sales pitch, no politically correct fluff, then the Bioquest Perfect Stride 2 X3 is the best foot on the market right now for your needs (if you have room for it, it is pretty tall but from what you posted it should fit). The best combo right now is the Perfect Stride 2 foot with the Ohio Williow Wood, Limblogic VS vacuum system, though getting the vac system set up perfect takes a bit of time. http://www.bioquestpros.com/index.html http://www.owwco.com/limblogic.php

Now for the politically correct stuff --- There are many feet on the market and since we amputees are all so different there is no way I can help you decide what foot is right for you and only your doctor or prosthetist can truely answer this question for you. blah blahh blahh (god i can't tell you how many times I heard this crap from other amputees)

Oh please don't go with the politically correct response to your question. Listen to Tiger because he is 1000% correct on this issue. I also have the PerfectStride II X3 foot and the Ohio Willow Wood Limb Logic Vac System and thy work great together. It almost feels like I have my own leg back again. It also helps if you have a Prosthetist that is willing to try new things when requested by his patients. There are so many prosthetists out there that want to take the easy way out and only use leg components that they are familiar with. Then there are some that have agreements with a select few prosthetic companies and will only recommend components that come from these companies. These are the prosthetis to kick to the curb and go with the ones that listen to their patients.