Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Neal

Airman loses legs over botched surgery

I've been reading about this all week. It is the most horrific story I've heard in a long time. I wish there was something we could do.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/.../907250302/1002

Neal, that is so terrible....they had better stand behind him....and he had better have the best prosthetics available. Of course they know who the Doctor is......but they sure aren't giving out names, are they.

This made me so sad. And mad. I wish there was something we could do too.

What a horrible thing to have happen...hard to believe that just mis-scheduling the transfer of a patient could have such devastating results. (Of course, if the artery hadn't been nicked in the first place, none of this would have happened.) I sincerely hope that the Air Force stands behind him and gets him all the assistance he's going to need. I also wonder if there isn't anything we could do to help....

Did anyone else read the "comments" at the end of the article? Those were nearly as disturbing as the story itself...so many people just debating "who should have to be responsible," instead of expressing concern for a young man who suffered a tremendous loss.

It's very sad.

It is awful

I thought that only in our country there are errors and irresponsibility of doctors.

Here because of such error of doctors I too remained without a foot. At first an error of the driver and then the doctor. Only anybody at us does not wish to be responsible for it.

But it is not correct. To the person have broken a life and they should be punished.

It is very sad.

I hope that doctor has to pay for all medical expenses and provide him with legs for the rest of his life. But I doubt if that will happen. And people wonder why we don't trust doctors. What a shame!!!! Jerry

It is unbelievable to me ! Why in the heck did they touch the aortic artery ? I hope the quack will not get away with this botch-up ! My heart is bursting with anger tinged with a deep sadness....

It is unbelievable to me ! Why in the heck did they touch the aortic artery ? I hope the quack will not get away with this botch-up ! My heart is bursting with anger tinged with a deep sadness....

Wow, this is unbelievable!! I feel so bad for this young man. This could happen to anyone....I had my gallbladder out and it makes me think, it could have happened to me.

Mary