Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BryanBe1069

Great Site

www.vailveteransprogram.com

I stumbled on this on the AOL Homepage. Pretty cool!! It's not limited to amps, but there are quite a few in the galleries. I'm glad to see people who have given so much for us get something back. They truly deserve it!!

Bryan

Hi! It's so funny, I was just reading about this very same place online tonight. Looks like an awesome place for our military and their families. One thing about many of our military who have lost limbs, they are determined to get back to normal. I had the good fortune to meet Tammy Duckworth who is a bilateral amputee (both below and above knee) this year. She is a helicopter pilot and a Major who lost her legs when an explosive device literally landed in her lap while she was flying a helicopter, I can't remember if it was in Iraq or Afghanistan. Believe it or not, after the explosion, she was still able to land that helicopter before passing out. She is now serving under President Obama in Washington DC. She is awesome. There is a wonderful picture of the back of her embracing President Obama in the last InMotion magazine. She is something and I was so lucky to meet her. And, she has alot to do with the Wounded Warrior Program and camps like this. I think it's great that there are places to go like this. Thanks for posting this site.