Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stagger Lee

Amy Skydiver and Stagger Lee SCUBA trip pics

Well we did it. After a couple of marathon drives up from Virginia and Minnesota respectively, I and Amy got together on a charter boat out of Port Sanilac, Michigan for some scuba diving. Here's the two of us. She's the one with the extra yellow air tank.

The second pic is Amy playing with a bottle on the steamer Regina, ninety feet under water.

We dove four shipwrecks in two days and camped out two nights and had a great time. Much fun.

And my Activankle swim foot worked great! I could lock it out at forty-five degrees for kicking, and then set it to ninety degrees for climbing the ladders and walking around the boat.

post-2187-1249516969_thumb.jpg

post-2187-1249517262_thumb.jpg

Glad you finally got it together. You don't look anything like yourselves when donned in all that scuba gear.

Glad you two had a good time. :blush::wink::wink:

Glad to hear that the scuba trip happened... With all the work both of you are doing, I'm sure that you both needed the break....

I agree with Neal, it's hard to tell you apart..you don't look anything like you do on shore..

Looks like a lot of fun....! :smile:

It was good...it was good. Amy camps in style, too. Packs a week's worth of stuff for an overnight, including a six-person tent, stove, grill, washer/dryer combo and kitchen sink, but it seems to work.

What would you expect from a curly haired blonde girl from Minnesota? LOL

Hello Everyone!

I canceled my plans for the weekend (camping/SCUBA diving in Wisconsin) once I saw the forecast and so am catching up with this forum.

OK now Stagger Lee! You have to admit the washer/dryer combo came in handy! :wink: Yes, I do pack everything you could possibly need while camping but that's just the result of doing it quite often. You learn something new (to be sure to pack or buy) every time. So situated on 3 shelves in my garage, I have everything I need packed and ready to go so I all have to do is spend a few minutes tossing everything into my car and away I go. :tongue:

Yes, it was great to get away from work but all of the projects I left were on my mind so that I couldn't get to sleep the night before driving over to Michigan. It was a bit nerve-wracking driving that far and trying to stay awake. Sunflowers seeds, once again, saved my tush. I never leave home without a bag in my glovebox. :biggrin:

It was great meeting Stag (and his buddy Aaron) and diving some new (new to me) wrecks.

Something I should explain to those of you who do not cold-water dive; I'm not really that much larger that Stag. I am wearing a drysuit (think 'bulky') and Stag is wearing a wetsuit (think 'skin conforming'). He is a normal-sized man despite how small the pic of us makes him appear. Actually, he's taller than what I was expecting. What are you Stag? 6'1" 'ish? 6'2"?

Anyway, I'll attach a couple more pics.

Amy

post-484-1249756725_thumb.jpg Aaron and Stagger Lee

post-484-1249756735_thumb.jpg Me (the spare air is in case I have a malfunction of my primary air source; redunancy is key)

post-484-1249756743_thumb.jpg Me again (looks like I've got a little O-ring leakage)

Thanks Amy for filling us in on your diving adventure....and pictures. :smile:

Thank goodness for we women who know how to pack, even if men think we take too much...makes it much more enjoyable for everyone. Good going Amy :tongue:

Yes, she packs well. Everything except a map. :laugh:

<laughs at private joke on Amy.>

But................. Your the tour guide..... why would she need a map? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I don't know...maybe to actually get to the tour guide? :tongue:

But that's all I'm gonna say about that. :rolleyes:

Yes, she packs well. Everything except a map. :laugh:

<laughs at private joke on Amy.>

But................. Your the tour guide..... why would she need a map? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I don't know...maybe to actually get to the tour guide? :tongue:

But that's all I'm gonna say about that. :rolleyes:

That's our Amy....wouldn't have her any other way!!!

Thanks Stag! :glare:

For those who have not yet met me and to those who have but can't tell the obvious . . .

Do not confuse a 'vivacious' personality with being 'ditzy'. However, having said that, I will play dumb around men I perceive to feel threatened by an intelligent woman if it's not someone I will engage with over the long-haul. Better to make the spirit light than to cause friction where it can be avoided. <-- standard behavior for a lot of women when you have to endure men's egos. :wink:

Anyway, now that I have been placed into a position to have to explain myself . . . Here it goes:

A: I used Yahoo maps rather than the map site I normally use. Why? Because when I clicked onto the 'directions' link for the campsite we were going to be staying at, it brought me there.

B: Yahoo maps does not list every "exit" number as the map site I typically use does.

C: Although (until a couple of trips ago) I normally will scrutinize a state map to get a better overhead view of where I'm going (for the sake of having a visual in my head) as I take each step on a direction-list (aka YaHoo maps). However, the last few trips I've made, I hadn't gotten around to it and made it just fine so didn't bother doing it this time either. That left me with nothing but 'turn here' and 'turn there' directions with no over-all feeling of direction.

D: Because of what I said in "C" I had no idea there even existed an interstate #96. Therefore, when I read my directions stating I should go 44 miles on I-69 (northbound), then continue East on I-69 for 111 miles. . . . When my sleep-deprived brain/eyes (3 hours total) saw eastbound I-96 (right lanes) I followed. Side-note: Because I just don't make these kinds of mistakes, I had to purchase a Michigan map and scrutinize it to figure out how it was even possible that it happened. I-69 and I-96 parallel each other across the state. <-- smart move Michigan!

E. Because I was on the wrong interstate (but still heading in the correct direction) my YaHoo maps were now useless because I could no longer follow the road turns it listed.

F: So someone with a GPS gave be new directions which (by following them precisely) took me to a different place entirely . . .

G: I then phoned the campsite personnel who gave me directions and I made it to the campsite.

I gave both Stag and his buddy ‘firm’ assurances to carry on with their Friday evening plans and to NOT wait for me. So I will assume neither responsibility nor blame for any last minute changed plans.

Anyone having met you Amy will know that you are by no means a ditz so don't worry about it my friend...

Sometimes, as with your maps from Yahoo, s**t happens.. I've had the same problems with Yahoo maps in Dallas..... We were headed for the Harley shop and ended up going to Waco!

Don't take Stagger too much to heart, me thinks, he likes to raz people to no end! :rolleyes:

Aw, come on...it was funny! :tongue: Plus you got to see parts of downtown Detroit--something that you'd normally have missed by seventy miles!

Besides, we only beat you to the campground by an hour or so. After I set a new speed record on the drive up from Virginia, I found out that my pal hadn't even began to pack yet, so it's not like we actually got away from his place in any sort of good time. And trust me, you didn't get even a fraction of the ration of crap that I gave him over that.

In the end, it all worked out. No harm, no fouls...just stories that will only get funnier the more that they're re-told and exaggerated. :laugh:

just stories that will only get funnier the more that they're re-told and exaggerated. :laugh:

It was a story I told you I didn't want told because it would make me appear to be an idiot. :wacko:

I'm over it.

It was a good time once I got some sleep. I'm never going to use Yahoo Maps again. My present preferred direction site is: www.bing.com/maps/

You don't look like an idiot. Things happen. :tongue: